vii. pass of caradhras

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚
*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚*:・゚
+*:ꔫ:*﹤ 𝙶𝚆𝙴𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙻𝚈𝙽 ﹥*:ꔫ:*+゚
.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER SEVEN ━ pass of caradhras

CHAPTER SEVEN pass of caradhras

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"WE MUST HOLD THIS COURSE WEST OF THE MISTY MOUNTAINS FOR FORTY DAYS," Gandalf told Gwendolyn as they were walking side by side. "If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us."

"I am starting to see that our quest depends on a lot of luck," Gwendolyn mumbled.

"Have faith, Lyn," Gandalf said, giving her an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Do not underestimate yourself so easily. Your powers are growing as you use them."

Gwen looked at her hands. "What if they are not enough?"

Gandalf looked grimly. "Let's hope we'll never find out."

Gwendolyn glanced at him, alarmed, before quickening her pace to walk besides Aragorn. He gave her a glance.

"Are you okay?"

Gwendolyn did not meet his eyes, afraid he could read the uncertainty in them. "I'm fine."

If Aragorn noticed she was lying, he didn't question it.

"How did you and Arwen meet?" Gwen asked, wanting to fill the air between them.

"I grew up in Rivendell," Aragorn said. "Lord Elrond raised me as if I was his own. I am very grateful for that."

"It must have been magical to be raised in a place like that," Gwen said, her eyes were fixed on the horizon in front of her. If times had been different, she'd have been raised in Rivendell.

"Gwen—"

"I didn't mean it like that," Gwendolyn quickly said, sounding slightly apologetical.

"I know," Aragorn replied, sighing, "but I can't help but to feel guilty about it."

"Don't," Gwen said. "I had an amazing home. Bag End is great. The Shire is peaceful. I had some friends." Gwen sighed. "I had a good childhood, Aragorn, and I don't regret it so neither should you."

Aragorn turned around and, before Gwen could comprehend what was happening, he'd already engulfed her in a tight hug.

"I'm still sorry."