- 13 | G O O D B Y E . . . F O R N O W

I woke up in my bed.

Wait.

How did I get here?

I saw a note on my bedside table and took it.

Dear Gwen,

If you wondered how you got in your bed, I carried you.

We leave at dawn, I will come and get you. Just wait for me.

Love,

Legolas

I looked out of the window and cursed. I hadn't much time until Legolas would come.

I quickly took off my dress and laid it carefully down on my bed. I didn't remove my dagger. I took my clothes that Alyndra had washed and put them on. I was trying to close my corset when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said.

Legolas came in and looked away quickly. 

I raised my eyebrow. "It's not that I'm naked or something, just having a difficult time with this thing," I exclaimed, pointing at the corset.

He chuckled and stood behind me. "Here, let me help you."

I sighed relieved. "You're my hero."

When he was done, I put on my boots and walked over to my weapons. I took my arrows and bow and striped them on my back. My sword I striped on my belt next. I put two daggers in my boots and last I put my knife on my belt. I turned back to Legolas. "All done."

He smiled and together we left the room.

With a hand on my back, he leaded me through the trees to the place where everyone had gathered. Quickly we joined the others.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Lord Celeborn announced.

We stood in a line as the elves of Lothlorien fastened cloaks around our shoulders. I noticed it was Haldir who attached my cloak. We shared a glance and he smirked.

Galadriel went along the line and presented a gift to each member of the Fellowship. To Legolas, she gave a bow of the Galadhrim. To Merry and Pippin, she gave them each a dagger of the Noldorin. And to Sam, she gave elven rope made of hithlain.

Next in line was Gimli. "And what gift would a dwarf asked of the Elves?" Galadriel asked, smiling down at Gimli.

"Nothing. Except to look upon the lady of Galadhrim one last time, for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth."

Gimli turned away for a moment, before turning back again.

"Actually, there was one thing. No, no, I couldn't. It's quiet impossible. Stupid to ask..."

I smiled, seeing the dwarf so embarrassed and looked at Aragorn who stood next to me. He smiled back down at me.

I looked back forward when I felt the presence of Lady Galadriel nearing me.

"Gwendolyn," she began, smiling. She took the neckless from her neck and put in on me. "I give you this neckless, may it protect you against all evil."

I looked down at the neckless, it looks actually a lot like Arwen' and then back up. "My Lady, I can't accept it."

She smiled. "You can and you must."

I smiled and bowed. "Thank you."

She went to Aragorn and I walked away, giving them the privacy they need.