- 30 | O N E L A S T T I M E

We left very early that morning, I followed Aragorn down to the stables. He turned around.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I am sure," I assured him, "or did you forget that Frodo is my brother and Sam one of my best friends?"

He looked down. "No, I didn't."

"Then you can't stop me."

I put on my armor that I got from Haldir and walked past Aragorn towards the stables. I looked to see if Thorin might have survived the battle and I found him in the last stable.

"Hey buddy," I greeted him. He looked up and shook his head.

I laughed and saddled him. "Yes, I'm alright," I assured him.

I leaded him out of the stables and mounted him. Before I could move him along, Éowyn cane running towards me.

"Gwen!"

I turned around to look at her and my eyes widened.

"Éowyn! Shouldn't you be laying down?"

"And not wishing my best friend good luck? I don't think so!"

I smiled and shook my head.

"Please come back in one piece," she begged and I bowed forward to give her a hug.

"I promise."

She smiled sadly and ran over to Éomer.

"Ready?" A voice beside me asked. I turned around and saw Legolas and Gimli sitting on their horse.

"Yes, I am."

We arrived at the Black Gate a couple of hours later. I could feel that the men and horses became uneasy. Aragorn moved his horse forward and Legolas stopped me from following.

"Let the lord of the Black Land come forth; let justice be done upon him," Aragorn said loudly.

With a sound of tortured metal, the gate opened and one single person, or should I say thing, rode out.

I couldn't hear the conversation the thing and Aragorn had, but when I saw the mithril the person had, I almost cried out in sadness.

They had Frodo.

Aragorn beheaded the thing and the Black Gate opened once again but this time for an army of three hundred thousand orcs.

"Pull back!" Aragorn yelled, galloping towards us, "pull back!"

The massive orc army started marching towards us. Some of the men started to waver and some of them were backing away, losing their nerve.

Aragorn galloping in front of us.

"Hold your ground - hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan - my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of Men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day - an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Man comes crashing down - but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth - I bid you stand!"

Aragorn held Anduril aloft.

"Men of the West!"

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf and half-elf," I heard Gimli mutter and I smiled.

Legolas looked at both of us. "What about side by side with friends?"

Gimli looked into our eyes, with whom he shared so much. The gruff dwarf smiled quietly.

"Aye - I could to that."

I exchanged a look with Legolas and smiled weakly.

Aragorn turned to me. "For Frodo," he whispered before charging forward. I dismounted and charged behind him.

I slashed through the first row of orcs and in no time, I was covered in blood from head to toe.

I looked around and saw that we were losing greatly.

I have to use my powers.

I put my sword away, closed my eyes and concentrated.

I let the wind come first and I floated in the air, my arms wide. Earth was second, rocks flew in the air toward me and started flying around me. Then the fire came and followed the example of earth. Water cams from the ground and made some wall around me. I concentrated and let everything blow away.

The power of the impact killed every orc within three hundred feet of me and blew away even more orcs.

I fell down, kneeled and breathed heavily, I was exhausted. I saw the men looking at me in wonder. But I was looking at the people I loved, checking if they were okey.

I saw the troll's bat before Aragorn saw it. Not really thinking things over and still tired of when I used my powers, I rushed over to him and stood in front of him, taking the blow that was meant for him. I was thrown against a rock and everything became black after that.

I opened my eyes, bright light was shining through my eyelids. I sat up and looked around. I was in a meadow with a lot of flowers.

Two men approached me. When I recognized who they were, I flew them around the neck.

"Boromir! Haldir! I'm so happy to see you!"

I could hear Boromir chuckled and even Haldir smiled. "We're happy to see you too, Gwen, though I did not expect it to be so soon," Boromir replied.

I looked down sadly. "So, that's it? I'm dead?"

Haldir stepped up. "Not yet." I raised my eyebrow and even Boromir looked surprised.

"The Valar have given you your old life back," he explained and I frowned. "Why would they do that?"

Haldir looked down at me. "The world needs people like you to protect them."

I narrowed my eyes. "People like me?"

He sighed. "Half bloods."

"Because they can control the elements?"

"Yes, and they want you to be the leader of this group."

My eyes widened. "They do?"

He nodded and I smiled, knowing there were other persons like me out there.

"It's almost time for you to go," Boromir spoke up. "You don't want to miss your and Aragorn's coronation, do you?"

I shook my head and jumped in his arms. "I miss you," I whispered in his ear. "Faramir does too."

He hugged me back and sighed. "I know."

He smiled sadly down at me before bowing and disappearing.

I quickly turned around, seeing if Haldir was still there. Fortunately, he was. He chuckled. "Relax princess, I'm not going anywhere."

I looked up at him. "You know just as good as me that you have to go." He nodded. "Yes, but I'll never leave you, I'll be right here," he replied, putting his hand on my heart.

I stepped forward and slung my hands around his neck. "I miss you so much."

He hugged me tight back. "I miss you too, Gwen."

Tears were running from my face and I stepped away to wipe them away, looking down. Haldir's hand found my chin and raised my head.

"Everyone deserves to see your eyes."

I smiled. "Thank you, my friend."

His face saddened for a second but when I blinked again, it was gone. He softly pressed his lips against my forehead.

"It's time to wake up, princess."

And that's what I did.

I woke up.