Chapter 20

sorry this chapter rlly is short :(

in other news, i went to the 5sos much show and the 1D concert on the 1st. i got starbucks for the first time (and it was in 5sos' hotel) and yeah, i loved it.

but enough about me! thank YOU for all your support on this story :) i love you all a ton okay and you all mean a lot to me

(this chapter is basically ashton talking about luke and i'm sorry for that)

___________

Luke didn't know why he did it. Why he relapsed, why he found the alcohol stuffed into the back of the fridge. The boys knew Luke was fragile, but this time, Luke knew it was his fault. He didn't give them a chance to help him, he secluded himself and 'took care' of it on his own.

He didn't know why he still felt so.. lonely. He had the boy of his dreams, and he still couldn't find happiness. He loved Ashton so much, but he was still in shock. The whole thing had came on so fast, really. All he wanted right now, was for all his problems to go away, and for it to just be him and Ashton.

The blonde boy was laced in both Calum and Michael's arms. They desperately wanted to see what Luke was hiding under his sleeves.

They were waiting impatiently for Ashton to get home. Luke was still in hysterics, and they had a feeling he would only tell Ashton what was wrong. That hurt Calum more than he wanted to admit, Luke was supposed to be his best friend.

Not long after, Ashton came barging through the door. He didn't even bother taking off his shoes, he just ran straight towards Luke.

"Oh my god, baby! Are you okay? What happened?" He sat on his knees in front of Luke, who was squished between Michael and Calum on the couch. He placed his hand on Luke's knee, looking into the younger boys eyes.

"'Baby'? Calum questioned, clearly confsued.

"That doesn't matter right now." Ashton snapped.

All three stared attentively at Luke, not saying a word, but their eyes begged for an answer.

"You two go to your rooms or something, I wanna talk to him." Ashton told the other boys, not taking his eyes off of Luke.

They left, but not without some complaints. "Why do you get to know? We're just as much his friend as you are."

"I'm not his friend, you dickhead. I'm his-" Ashton stopped himself, not realizing what he was saying. "Just go now."

The two boys left, confused, but that didn't matter right now.

"Lukey..." He started. "What on earth happened?"

"I-I don't know, Ash." Luke stared at his lap, ashamed. He really didn't want to tell Ashton, although he knew it was probably best to.

Ashton just sighed, and took Luke's hands in his. "Tell me what you're actually thinking."

Luke took a deep breath, before starting. "I'm just so confused and lost. I love you so much Ash, but I still feel so lonely. I want to stay up late with you, just talking and kissing, but I know my heart will still ache. I just don't know what's wrong with me! I wanna be happy, I wanna be happy with you Ash!"

Ashton was shocked, to say the least. It broke his heart in two, to know that Luke wasn't happy. "Oh, Lukey... I wanna make you so happy. I wanna be the reason you smile, and I certainly want you to feel loved. Just tell me, what can I do?"

He pulled Ashton up on the couch, their hands never leaving each others. "I just... I don't know what you can do. That's why I feel so terrible."

"Well, I think I know how I can start." The curly haired boy put his boyfriend on his lap. "You have the most amazing smile. It could light up this whole city. I wanna see you smile more, Lukey dear. Every time you feel insecure about it, I want you to remember how much I love it and smile harder." He poked at the younger boys cheeks, and sure enough, a little smile appeared.