Chapter 11 - Those Terrible Things Called 'Feelings'

Man, it's been so long since I've updated. I'm sorry... Just some personal things going on. Let's just say I can relate to my fictional version of Luke...

I just want to tell you guys that I am not happy. Not just about this story, unhappy about, well, everything. That may affect my updating, so it's necessary to state so.

I will still try my best, though.

Here's a recap of the last chapter, because it's been such a long time:

When Ashton woke up, without Luke's arms wrapped around him. As soon as he opened his eyes, he squinted at the light shining through the window.

Groaning, he placed a hand on his head. He felt as if he had a hangover; his head was pounding. What a bad start to the day. Ashton absolutely hated getting sick, it made him feel miserable. and mad. Being sick was a miserable thing, and Ashton couldn't afford to be miserable.

Rolling out of bed (well, Luke's bed), he stumbled to the bathroom. I'm fine, he told himself over and over again. I'm completely fine, I can get over it.

He liked to believe that he was 'strong', but deep down he was freaking out. I'm gonna throw up. I'm gonna throw up. He repeated it in his head over and over, until he was sure he was going to throw up.

He ran to the hallway, desperate to get into the bathroom. His vision was blurry, as if he was on some drug. He pushed open the door, and saw something he never would of expected to see. I didn't know it was this bad.

And with that Ashton puked his guts out.

____________

"I'm fine!" Ashton protested, for the hundredth time.

"No Ashton, you're not. Every time one of us leaves you, we find you throwing up in the bathroom."

"But Calum!"

Calum wasn't going to let Ashton stay home alone. After being sick for a day and a half, and not being able to stay in his bed for more than an hour, he certainly wasn't ready to be on his own.

"No!"

"Go away then. I want Luke! He doesn't yell at me."

It was no surprise to Calum. Ashton and Luke had been 'getting close' lately. Always needing to sit beside each other, and just being together at all times.

Calum just rolled his eyes. "What if Luke doesn't want to see you?"

"He does." Ashton replied firmly. The truth was, he didn't know if Luke actually did, but he hated losing an argument with Calum. He would bring it up day after day, until Ashton would get so tired of it, and vow to never talk to Calum again. But that never really worked out, because here they were, talking again. Argument after argument...

No more arguing was needed though, because both Michael and Luke were already at the door of Ashton's room.

"Can you guys, please, um, keep it down?" Luke asked quietly. It was so quiet, that Ashton had to think twice about if he said 'down' or 'dog'.

"What he means is, shut the hell up, because we're watching a movie."

"Ooh! What movie?" Calum asked, jumping up from the end of Ashton's bed.

"You're missing the point. But it's Iron Man, by the way."

"Sweet!" Calum ran out the door, and Michael followed, leaving Luke and Ashton alone. Normally, the two boys wanted to spend time together, but this time, it seemed forced. Maybe because it was. And it made Luke feel paranoid, his anxiety kicking in. He knew that forced meant that the other person probably didn't want to see you (and forced can mean awkward in their situation, as well). When actually, it was quite the opposite.