Chapter 19 - Drowning

hey! sorry, it's kind of been a while.

(a little bit of promo for my favorites) follow these amazing people THEY ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST (band ever)

@yxrkshires

@itslikewoosh

@Random17Writer

@haroldmeow

thanks :)

also what the hell. i've gained almost 40K reads since my last update

___________________

(PS. this chapter directly follows the last one, so here's a recap)

We never get alone time, so I'd rather stay. Even if it isn't the most romantic.. I mean, a McDonalds parking lot isn't ideal, but this may be considered our first date."

"First date?!"

"I mean, this doesnt HAVE to be our first date... Like I said, it isn't romantic, but we never get alone time -"

"No, I don't mean that. I just mean that I've been wanting to ask you on a date for a while."

"You could of just asked, you know! I would've said yes, you are my boyfriend after all."

"I'm your boyfriend? I didn't know we were official! I've been wanting to ask -"

"You can just ask me, you can ask me anything!"

---

"I-I know but.." Luke stuttered. He didn't have a real reason, except that he was simply too shy to ask Ashton anything. Even though Ashton willingly wanted to be romantically involved with Luke, he still had an uneasy feeling that it was out of pity, or worse, a prank. What if the boys told Ashton to do it, and are laughing their asses off at Luke?

"It's cute how you're shy, honestly." Ashton smiled at Luke and leaned in, his long fingers playing with the collar of Luke's flannel. "It wouldn't be the same if you were the type to flat out say 'hey, lets go have sex'.

Ashton laughed at his own remark, and Luke shifted around uncomfortably. If their relationship lasts, sometime in the future, Ashton will ask for sex. He knows Ashton well enough to know that the boy constantly thinks about sex, which made Luke very uneasy. Luke didn't want to admit but, well, he's never had sex with a guy.

Hell, he's never had sex with a girl.

But honestly, Luke wasn't sure if Ashton had hooked up with any boys, as far as he knew, Ashton was straight.

What kind of a straight boy dates another boy? Not a straight boy.. But Ashton has said he was straight numerous times..

Luke was confusing himself.

"And besides, I'm pretty sure you're the girl in this little relationship. I'm more manly."

Little relationship? Maybe the two weren't on the same page about their relationship. It was so much more than a 'little relationship' to Luke.

Luke pretended he wasn't bothered by it, and let out a dry laugh. "No way, I'm taller."

"I'm older."

"I'm more punk rock."

"I have bigger hands."

Luke didn't have a comeback, so he simply fell silent.

"No use fighting it, I'm the man."

There was an awkward silence, which Ashton soon closed by lightly tugging on Luke's collar (which he was still holding onto), and pulled Luke close enough for their lips to touch.