The New Arrivals

The temple was packed to the brim with people. They were all there to witness the baptism of the two blessed heirs. The amount of times the public had seen Ashura and Indra were few and far in between.

It was rare for the sovereign to bring them out the palace. Those who saw them were usually by chance. No one wanted to miss the opportunity to see the elusive children.

Hundreds of people had shown up at the temple. There were too many so a majority of them had to be turned away. There was only so much space for people to sit that not all of them could fit. People still lingered around though.

They crowded around the temple and tried to pHEeer into the triangular shaped arched windows, some had even resorted to standing on the red bridge that led to the temple doors since the crowd around had gotten too big.

Naruto greeted all his guests with a gracious smile. The sovereign made quite the vision dressed all in white. His long blond hair was pulled into a half topknot and a beautiful white flower comb with a golden dragonhead at its center of its lacquered petals adorned it. He was a male submissive but he had won the hearts of the Uchiha people. Sasuke stood by Naruto's side as his sun radiated his welcoming warmth to the guests.

The ceremony began ten minutes later after everyone had settled down. The altar was covered in gold and behind the altar carved into the marble wall was a statue of Kaguya with her arms extended as if she were about to embrace you. A row of burning red wax candles held up by long golden candlesticks were lined up around the altar. Naruto and Sasuke stood before the priest while Deidara and Itachi stood on their sides. As the twins chosen godparents they respectively held each one of the twins. The babies were dressed all in white. Their royal robes were trimmed with gold. Even their bonnets had and an outlining pattern made up of intricately threaded gold. Their peculiar silver hair peaked out of the bonnets. It created quite a stir as people tried to get a better look at the famous silver hair they had heard numerous rumors about.

The priest held up a clear glass chalice. The red liquid inside sloshed as he raised the cup.

"I shall purify this liquid and it will transform into the blood of the dragon!"

The crowd was quiet as the priest canted a prayer to the sacred mother. He then poured the contents of the chalice into a gold basin.

"My king and sovereign may I please have your hands."

Sasuke raised his right hand and Naruto raised his left hand. They put their hand over the basin. The priest took a knife and slashed a cut on both of the king and sovereigns hand. Their blood dripped down their fingers and into the basin. The priest wrapped a cloth around their hands and then recited another prayer to Kaguya.

Ashura twisted in his uncle's arms. The baby was restless. The ceremony had been going on for less than thirty minutes. That wasn't a lot of time but for a baby barely a year old it was an eternity. Deidara tightened his grip on his precocious nephew as he twisted at an angle and let out a tired coo.

"Stay still, Shu. I'll give you to your mommy as soon as I can." Deidara whispered. Ashura was only ever truly calm when Naruto was holding him. It was almost comical how with everyone else Ashura was wild but when it came to his mommy Ashura was the most well behaved baby to ever live. Not even the great Uchiha king could get his son to keep still. Deidara rocked Ashura to calm him down. He smiled at a lady watching him down in the front row. She shook her head sternly. A submissive was supposed to be good at handling children. She didn't approve of the way Deidara was struggling to control Ashura. She was an older Uchiha woman who had an ingrained prejudice against male omegas. Watching Deidara struggle to be maternal reinforced those prejudices. Deidara frowned. He looked away and caught Itachi across the alter looking at him. Itachi was carrying Indra. Indra was calm with whoever held him. He was nothing like his twin in that regard. Deidara mouthed the word lucky to Itachi. He wished he could've been holding Indra just to spare himself from the dirty looks.