Pregnant

"She's been my handmaiden since the day I turned five, she was born to be mine and always at my side. She was like the sister I always wanted. The sister that Karin never was...I'll never forgive the person who did this." Naruto cried.

He kneeled down and placed a single paper flower on Konan's tombstone. It was the same as the one she had used to wear in her purple hair.

"I know, love. I won't let this treachery go unpunished, Konan was your handmaiden, I'll be treating this as an attempt on your life." Sasuke bent down and placed a paper butterfly on the tombstone.

For the short time that Sasuke had known Konan his relationship with her had been rocky. She never let her guard down around him and she would occasionally try his patience, it was something he allowed her to get away with because of how much Naruto loved her.

"I promise I'll find out who did this." Sasuke embraced Naruto and wiped the tears underneath his eyes, "I swear it. I'll kill them for you with my own two hands."

Naruto stared solemnly at the simple tombstone. His tears came out in endless rivulets, blurring his vision. He took one long last look at Konan's grave and then stood up.

"That won't be necessary, I'll be the one to avenge Konan. I'll kill the culprit myself. It'll be my first official act as an Uchiha sovereign."

Something changed in Naruto that day. He had been on the cusp of change ever since the party but now it was fully realized.

The people of fire country expected submissives to be docile and weak but Naruto would show them all that he wasn't a typical submissive, he was an omega who wouldn't be messed with. He'd avenge Konan with his own hands.

XXXXXXXX

Naruto stared at the glowing fire dancing around in the hearth. The fires heat was hot enough to prickle his skin red but did nothing to warm the coldness in his heart. He was sitting in the same room where he had proposed his plan to throw a party to Mikoto, the same party that would later become the setting for Konan's death. He felt guilty. He couldn't help but think that if he had never thrown the party then Konan would still be alive.

"I'm so sorry." Mikoto said for the tenth time that day. No one else could believe it. Konan had been murdered. "She was such a capable guard I didn't think she'd die like this."

Konan's body had been found lifeless and drained of blood. It was said that her hand was reaching for her kunai as if in her last moments of consciousness she was trying desperately to kill her killer. Naruto had requested for her kunai to be brought to him, he'd keep it in memory of her.

Naruto allowed his mother-in-law to hug him. All he could do was allow this sadness to settle. Konan was dead and no matter what he did or said she'd never comeback.

The only thing that would appease him would be killing Konan's murderer but it was hard. No one had seen anything and whoever had killed her had used a jutsu so that there was no evidence left behind. It was frustrating, all Naruto wanted was to avenge her but he couldn't if there were no suspects.

"It's such a shame Konan died, but I can't say I'm surprised," Sakura's nauseating voice greeted Naruto's ears. She flitted in through the sliding door as if she were still a princess and not a maid. "Well I suppose this shows that submissives really should stay in their places. She should've listened~"

Naruto didn't even spare her a glance. He snapped his fingers at a butler.

"Escort her to her sleeping chambers. Make sure she doesn't leave for the entire day. It seems miss Haruno forgets that she's a maid."