3 Years Later

Indra scowled as his brother sloshed through a dirty puddle of water on the ground.

"Stop being messy! Mommy will get mad if you get all dirty!" Indra complained.

Ashura and Indra's little legs were covered by white knee length silk socks. They were both wearing shorts and a long red haori top.

Their mother had dressed them appropriately for the humid summer weather. If they got dirty so early in the day their mom would get angry. Indra didn't want to do anything that would make his mommy mad at him.

"Mommy won't know!" Ashura assured his brother offhandedly. At the moment he was far too excited to really think about the repercussions of his actions. Ashura ignored the dark mud stains on his once shiny white socks and continued on. Indra rolled his eyes as he sidestepped around the puddle.

They were on a special hunt. They had heard from one of the maids that there was a beast being kept below the palace. Ashura was curious; the notion of a beast living right beneath their feet was mind blowing to the four year old.

He had begged Indra to come see the beast with him. Indra, as always followed along after his brother. It hadn't been easy to start their adventure. They had to escape from loud uncle Deidara. It would've been impossible if mom was home but luckily he was out with dad.

Ashura was the mastermind behind the escape. He had signaled Indra during lunch while uncle Dei wasn't paying attention and then they both ran away. Uncle Dei had caught them trying to leave and had proceeded to chase them. They had lost him some time back. The second they got caught they were going to get the scolding of a lifetime but his idiot brother didn't seem to care about that right now. Ashura was weirdly obsessed with the beast living beneath them.

"Look, Ni, that door has to lead to the beast!" Ashura excitedly pointed across the palace where a double door was located. Ashura took off. His silver hair was like a flash of lightening as he ran.

Indra sighed and jogged after his brother.

The door ended up leading to a garden outside.

"We shouldn't be out here, Ashura." Indra voiced as he reached his brother who was for some odd reason crouched on the ground behind a fire flower bush. Their mother didn't like it when they went outside and especially without supervision. It was their mom's biggest rule. "We should go back-"

"Shh, get down!" Ashura grabbed his brother's hand and pulled him until his knees buckled. "Look." Ashura nudged his head across the garden.

"Where are you my sweet nephews?" Deidara blew the hair out of his face as he looked around the quiet garden. He was internally freaking out. His cousin would literally lose it if he found out he lost the twins. He'd more than lose it. Naruto would kill him. "Come out, I know you can hear me!" Deidara fanned himself. He was overheated. He was two weeks into his heat and the summer air was only adding to the natural heat prickling his skin.

"Stop worrying. They're only four. They couldn't have gotten far." Itachi tried to calm his submissive down. Deidara looked like he was losing his mind. "You shouldn't be out here while you're in heat. Go inside and I'll find them for you."

"They'll be five in a month!" Deidara corrected heatedly, "If I go inside all I'll do is worry to death. You know how Naruto is. He's going to kill me. I just know it." Deidara let out a stressed cry. "We had one job as their godparents, just one, Tachi, and that was to take care of them when Sasuke and Naruto couldn't. We've failed! There's no time to worry about my heat!"

"Shh, stressing so hard isn't good for you." Itachi cupped Deidara's cheek and forced the omega to look at him. "Calm down, we will find them, I promise. Guards surround the palace so they couldn't have wondered far. They're probably still inside. How about you go look inside and I'll look out here. I don't want you out in this hot sun." Itachi thumbed a bead of sweat running down Deidara's temple, "it's too hot out here for you."