𝐱𝐢𝐱. First Date Jitters

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 — 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙟𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨

"SIN?"

          "I HATE you so much, Brendon, and I hope you know that," Cindy told him with a glare as she took her coffee cup from his hands, "Like really, I'm contemplating murder right now."

          Brendon gave her a bright smile, always loving how easy it was to push her buttons. Some would probably recognize that doing the stereotypical 'I'm a Starbucks Employee Who Can't Remember Your Name' annoyed their friend and stop immediately, but that was not Brendon. No, when he realized how much Cindy hated this, he did it every time, making sure that he was always the one calling out the names when she bought some coffee. It gave him a joy that nothing else did, filling a void that nothing else in his life could fill.

          It was like annoying a sibling, Brendon compared it, even though he didn't have a sibling so he wasn't sure it was true. Though, his best friend in high school acted this way with his twin, so he was sure that it was similar with all normal siblings and it sparked joy inside him that he could have the same joking sibling relationship with Cindy since he essentially thought of her as a sister.

          "No, don't murder me, I have a date with Peter tonight and I really can't be, like, a corpse. That's so not cool and Peter would run away and then I would end up forever alone," Brendon pouted.

          Cindy rolled her eyes, "If you were a corpse, you wouldn't even have the emotional capability to cry over losing your chance with Peter – and yeah, you would be forever alone since you've never been on a date yet and if I killed you now, you never would."

          "That sound be sad," Brendon said, "To die at eighteen without ever going on a date. God, I'd sound like such a loser."

          Cindy nodded her head and took a sip of a drink, "That's because you are a loser, and you still will be even after your date."

          Brendon pouted and she scoffed at him. "Oh, don't give me that look," she told him, "Or else I'll web you to your desk chair and you'll miss your date and forever miss your chance with your dear Peter."

          "You wouldn't dare," he accused, even though he didn't believe it. Cindy could be cruel when she wanted to be; it was why he would never, ever attempt to cross her in any circumstance.

          "Bet."

          "Okay, please don't do that," Brendon crumbled, knowing that the bet was a sure statement and she most definitely would web him to his chair and he would be forever alone, being no trophy husband to the wealthy Peter Parker in the future. It would be a terrible life; knowing that he missed out on a chance with the future million or billionaire because he ignored the warning of the bet and now had to watch as Peter found another trophy husband. He thinks that he would cry himself to sleep every night if that ever happened.