𝐢𝐢𝐢. The Internship

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 — 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥

SOME DAYS THE crisp weather was refreshing. It wasn't too cold, just a slight sharp breeze, and Brendon loved just turning his nose up to welcome it onto his face – especially after Erikson's class because that dude made his students sweat. The only good thing was that it reminded him of summer at home. God, Georgia just got way too hot sometimes but he still loved it.

He was sure that Cindy was looking at him like he was insane because of the way she actively turned her head down, but he didn't care. He was already insane and it wasn't because of this. A smile spread to his face and he opened his eyes up again because they were walking and not having them open was dangerous and he didn't want to fall to his death or meet the embarrassment of running into someone because he was an idiot.

A cold drink was in his hand which he wasn't enjoying, but whatever, he could get over that, and a bag of warm food in the other. Every Thursday he and his friends sat outside together because it was the only time everyone was available for lunch. Sometimes Harry joined them because he liked being around Bren and then they would just murmur to themselves with a faint blush sporting on both their cheeks and even fewer times Harry would drag Peter would sit with them. Ned's class on Thursday apparently ended at one but he usually got out early, so they would still be able to eat together. On the days that didn't happen, Peter would sit beside them but never really spoke a word. And never one to Brendon.

But whatever, he wasn't hurt because his crush didn't notice him at all. It was fine – he was fine.

"I still can't believe Spider-Man ditched me to grab a coffee with you," Cindy said, a slight annoyance in her tone but it was mostly drowned in amusement.

To her statement, Brendon rolled his eyes, "Really? You're still not over this? It was days ago, Cin, and he was practically dead on his feet! He needed it."

"Still," Cindy insisted, "We could've fought together and he's always great at cracking jokes. It's funny."

"I know. There's plenty of clips online," Brendon snorted, "Haven't you seen him since then?"

Cindy nodded, "Well, yeah, but still. You're not allowed to have another superhero. You already have me. It's not fair."

Brendon couldn't help the laugh that spewed out of him, nothing being held back as tears swelled in his eyes from how hard it came out. "I can't believe you! Is there like a limit now about how many superheroes you're allowed to have?" he asked, still recovering.