𝐱𝐯𝐢. Complicated

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 — 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙

BRENDON WAS NOT A confident person. He was never sure of himself, he never took the forefront in anything, didn't have the bone of a leader anywhere in his body. It was hard for him to just say 'fuck it' and do something; he always had to think everything through and then chicken out at the last second.

          He was not confident and he was not up front. Nothing about him was blunt. Any time he even said something that hurt another human being he felt terribly guilty and he didn't know how others didn't feel the same when they did that.

          No, Brendon Winchester was more of the silent and scared type. He always thought of the conversations he could have people, thought about asking Peter out or having Peter ask him out, and then do nothing about it because the thought of rejection scared him too much. So he had thought of how to ask him out, although he hoped that Peter would be the one to make the first move, but it did not prepare him for actually asking Peter.

          But he had to because he had made the deal with Harry. Of course he didn't want to be rejected and have his heart tragically broken by his crush and future husband, but if it meant that it got one couple together...maybe it would be worth it. Maybe he would be miserable and never be able to see Peter ever again, but at least Bren and Harry would finally get over themselves and date. It was too long of a time coming.

          Originally, he had planned to ask Peter after Spanish. He even called Peter back to talk but...but nothing came out. He couldn't do it and ended up telling Peter to have a good day, which he returned back to the boy. So that failed.

          Then he tried when he was at work and Peter showed up with Harry since he had a morning shift and they didn't have another class for an hour or two. It probably wasn't his smartest choice to try and ask out a guy while he was working (he wouldn't be able to leave and cry alone in his bed right after), but he thought that at least in a public location Peter wouldn't make fun of him.

          Because he feared that. He feared that Peter would laugh in his laugh for suggesting such a thing, laugh that Brendon even thought he was gay or remotely interested in him. To scream it out to the entire world about how much of an idiot that Brendon Joseph Winchester was. But that wasn't Peter, he was too kind and quiet to do that, so that comforted him.

          At least when Peter rejected him it would be quiet and gentle as to try and mend their relationship, even though nothing would because Brendon would be too hurt and humiliated to ever face the Parker boy ever again.

          And now was his third chance. It was Thursday right after lunch and he had gotten Peter alone. His hands were in his pocket, partly because it was so fucking cold (why the fuck did he go to New York for college again?) but also because they were shaking he was so nervous. But he had to do this. There was nothing else to say but 'fuck it' and kiss him –