𝐢𝐢. Hazelnut Cream

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 — 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙚𝙡𝙣𝙪𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

          PETER DIDN'T MEAN to lie. He really didn't. He had great intentions with what he promised and did intend to complete them, but life got in the way of things too often. And by life, he meant robberies and muggers, basically just life as Spider-Man. He loved being Spider-Man, the friendly neighborhood hero who was also now hanging around his college a bit because, well, he was a college student – he actually made it to college. Not that it surprised anyone.

         He loved saving people and protecting everyone, he loved standing against the bad people of the world, it just took up so much time. Like, didn't people realize he was also a full time student? No, but that was probably because no one (or, at least, a very small amount of people) knew he was in college. That he was just eighteen and didn't have time at three in the morning to save them because he really needed to start on essays and readings, not like those ever got done.

         But he tried, and he wanted to be a good student. He wanted to be Spider-Man along with Peter Parker, who was a great student and did his work but really, bad guys didn't just seem to care and he really just needed to put them down a notch. Not that they ever said thank you, always trying to come back again this time with a personal vendetta against him.

         Whatever, that doesn't matter. What does matter is that Peter has an essay due in two days and he's barely even started it and he doesn't really even know what's he's going to write for it so that's great. He also doesn't really know where he is because it's midnight and he hasn't slept in probably two days and how is he still functioning? He doesn't have an answer for that either, but he knows that his vitals don't look good in the suit and if Mr. Stark took a look or FRIDAY told him, Peter was so screwed.

         But he can't just take a night off. Someone could die or a bank could be robbed or someone's money and possessions stolen that night all because Spider-Man (Peter Parker) wanted to sleep and do his college work. So yeah, he couldn't just stop for one night because all of that could happen and he'd be able to hear because thanks enhanced hearing!

         Sadly, though, he hasn't been sleeping and everything is kind of blurring together and he doesn't really know what Karen is telling him because all of that seems so far away but he's okay. He's still get his things together and a little disassociation and spacing is nothing because it started in one of his classes but ended maybe ten minutes later. Although, that had been at least ten hours ago and these sort of symptoms seem to get worse with time. So there's that.

         And he really didn't know how he ended up not swinging anymore, but that's probably a good thing. For him and pedestrians. He also doesn't know why he was standing in front of a coffee shop that was about to close because Peter had never been a fan of coffee. It's so bitter and sweetening it only makes it worse somehow and he's no expert so what the hell is a cappuccino?