𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. Understandable

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 — 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚

IT WAS TOO early. That was all Brendon could think as he sat down in the classroom where Spanish took place. While he loved the class – and was amazing at it, if he said so himself – he hated early mornings. Although, it was already nine so it wasn't too early. Still, he hated it. There were bags under his eyes because of the fact he went to sleep way too late the previous night watching a movie as he waited for Cindy to get home from patrol. Probably wasn't the smartest move, but it was the home he made.

He was surprised to find that Peter was already there since he always showed up at the last minute. Brendon found it amusing as he tried to explain it to him as if he were the professor – not that theirs cared either way. But no, he was early and Brendon couldn't but be shocked when he sat down and Peter offered him a smile.

This was the best he had ever looked this early in the morning and, fuck, Brendon couldn't handle it. Of course, his heart stopped immediately and he was sure he was going to flat line before he moved his head to stop staring. Then, his heart began again and he made a pointed effort not to look at the boy.

Which wouldn't work, he knew, because all he ever wanted to do was talk to Peter and here was his chance. And, of course, he was sort of friends with Peter and that meant they would have conversations and not just wait in silence until the class began. And that's what Peter did.

"Hey," he said, looking at Brendon who cursed himself internally before turning to look at the boy again.

He tried not to focus on any part of him because in doing so he knew his heart would stop again and he would be frozen, staring creepily at his crush – which no one wanted, especially if he still wanted to have a chance with him. Well, Brendon still didn't know if he did in the first place. That's what made it worse.

"Hi," Brendon said back, making eye contact before looking away again, "You're here early."

It was an easy comment which would sure start a conversation – something he both wanted and didn't want at the same time – and Peter took the bait, nodding before saying, "I woke up early today. Actually got some sleep last night."

Brendon found himself nodding at that. "That's good," he said, and it was. He knew that Peter didn't sleep much at night because he fell asleep just in this class many times and he couldn't imagine what the boy was like in others. "Sleep's important."

Peter made a noise of agreement and the awkward conversation paused there for a moment before he said, "You like dead." He didn't say anything at first and Peter's eyes widened, "Sorry, that's rude. I shouldn't have said that, I'm so sorry."