𝐢𝐱. Get Together

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 — 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

CINDY WAS PACING which made Brendon nervous. She never paced unless she was incredibly anxious about something and of course she had the right to be. Brendon understood the need to pace on the day she had, but it still filled him with nervousness and he did not want that – Peter was still at their table today and he had to be on his best effort. Get his charm on and maybe talk to the guy, like other people do when they want to engage with their crushes.

Of course, that would mean talking and talking meant the possibility of making a fool out of himself and he did not want that. At all. Because making a fool out of himself meant losing his chance with Peter forever and that meant a lifetime of loneliness. Cindy would call him dramatic if he said that, but it's true. He wasn't wrong at all – he wasn't.

But he sat on his bed as he watched Cindy pace, eyes practically bulging out of their sockets as her hands flew around wildly and her breathing was erratic. It was a train wreck and if this wasn't his best friend and if he wasn't freaking out with her, he would probably be laughing at her.

He thought about what he could say to calm her, but he knew nothing would work. The 'you'll be fine' would be met with 'what if I'm not?' and trying to go anywhere near her for some physical contact to comfort her would lead to his death. She was a strong woman and he was a weak little man. Really, he had no strength at all. He never trained, never tried, and never had it. It didn't matter too much, he just had to find a guy who did have strength so they could open up the pickle jar and carry him and...well, that was going too far.

Still, even though she would kill him for it, he said, "You'll be fine, Cindy."

As suspected, it unleashed all her nervous wrath onto him as she stared him down until spiders were crawling up his spine. "I'll be fine? I'm not going to be fine! I have an interview at S fucking I – it's not fine. What if I mess up? What if I'm not good enough? Nothing is fine!"

Brendon sighed. "Cindy Moon, you are one of the smartest people I know. And I have a lot of smart friends...which kinda makes me not feel smart at all. Whatever, forget about that. Back to you, right. You are incredibly smart and you will get this internship, you just have to show that you deserve it. So puff up your chest and put a good look on your face and fucking work it, sister."

Cindy gave him a scandalous look. "Don't call me sister ever again."

"Awe, by James Charles. We love a good shistar," Brendon pouted and she rolled her eyes.

Shaking her head, she took a sit beside him. "No. No more James Charles for you."

"But he's iconic!" Brendon defended himself, "And he's such a fucking queen. I need him in my life."