Chapter 16

Well I guess I am alone now... (Editor~Chan: I'm not gonna leave. It's too dangerous to have you alone.) Thanks for that (;一_一).  (Editor~Chan: ¬_¬) ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ¬_¬ Why are you like this Editor~Chan? (Editor~Chan: You have too many mood swings) IT'S THE VOICES (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (ಥ﹏ಥ) (Editor~Chan: Exactly my point on why I can't leave you alone, Author~Senpai.) ಠ_ಥ

Jane wrang up her horse. The first mission was somewhat of a success. Everyone looked sad. No positive vibes could be felt. "Why?" Jane asked herself. She couldn't find Jay or the man who had saved her. Hanji looked so depressed when talking to the Commander. Erwin also was very sad. Granted, many people died. Jane walked to her room and tried to open the door. It was locked. Jane knocked. No reply came. "Jane," Hanji said, Jane whirled around to look at her, "look, Jay won't be herself for a while so just sleep in the Squad leaders bunks." Jane was confused, "Why?" She asked. Hanji sighed. Jane could tell Hanji didn't want to explain it. "Farlan is dead..." A wave nausea it Jane. Jay had been planning the wedding for so long. Jane looked at her feet, unwilling to look Hanji in the eyes. Hanji had loved Farlan like a brother. She was so happy Jay agreed to marry him. Hanji laid a hand on Jane's shoulder. "Come on, I will show you where you can sleep." Jane followed Hanji to a room with a few bunk beds. Hanji slapped her hand on the side of one and Jane sat on it. Bottom bunk but Jane wasn't complaining. She laid down as the other females started to get settled too. There was a notable count of missing women. Jane looked at her shirt. Blood stained in it. It was a nice white shirt before stained red. Before the man could save her, when she had killed two other titans, she got hit in the face and had a nosebleed. The other blood was of a fellow Squad member, Amanda Dogg. Jane and Amanda never really liked each other. But Jane and Amanda had went to attack the two titans coming at them. Amanda went to take the first one when it grabbed her, eating her head before throwing the body at Jane, staining her shirt and trying to eat her. Jane killed it with her slick moves with her gear.

Bertolt, Jay, and Reiner all looked around the town area. Ymir was nowhere to be found. Jay was in wolf form sniffing out where she could be. Of course, Reiner had put the leash on her so she wouldn't run. She sniffed the ground. "Any track of her, Jay?" Bertolt asked. Jay gave a deep grunt telling him no. Jay kept sniffing. After completing the whole main town area, they headed to the east. The east was where a lot of the main housing was. Families were usually found there. Jay's head perked up. She jumped violently and ran. Reiner tried to hold the leash but it was pulled out of his hands. They followed Jay. The turned different corners till the caught up to her. Ymir had fallen asleep in an alley. Jay bit her face and she woke. "Hey!" She yelled angered. Ymir swat at Jay. Reiner grabbed Jay, angered that Ymir almost hit her. Jay turned to a cat and purred in Reiner's arms. She had always said that shifting would tire her. "Come on!" Reiner complained. He had still been feeling sick. They all left and headed home. Once they got back, Ymir sat down on the couch and started reading her book again. Bertolt sat and started figuring out some plans. Jay went and grabbed some food. She split it with Reiner. Ymir laughed, "Oh! The man in my book used a pickup line on a girl." Ymir tried to keep her laughter quiet. She looked to Reiner, "Got any good pick up lines?" Ymir spits out her drink and fell on the floor laughing. 

Jane eventually fell asleep but it was hard. "Poor Jay." Is all Jane could think. It's hard losing someone you love. When Jane woke the next morning, There were things on the chair next to her bed. A clean white shirt and a new jacket. Jane was a bit confused. She had owned only one jacket and the shirt was not hers. Jane had a light green shirt and a different style white shirt that she wore more often. Jane didn't complain though. It was clean. Jane walked to the bathroom. She took her jacket and shirt off. Jane grabbed the other shirt and held it up. Something stood out very clearly. It was a men's shirt. It was definitely not Hanji or Jay's, even though both wore men's shirts. All the other girl Scouts seemed to only wear women's too. Jane still puts it on. It was a button up. Jane worried it wouldn't fit her chest, but it did. It fit very well and was way neater than her shirts. She put the jacket on over it. It fit too, except the arms were a bit long. Jane just rolled up the sleeves and it worked. Jane walked out and to the dining hall. Hanji was sitting next to Petra. Hanji got up when Jane came in, "Jay isn't here, should I worried?" Hanji was playing with her thumbs in worry. Jane held Hanji"s hands. "It's normal, don't worry, and plus it's Jay, she will come out and eventually I mean she does eat a lot." Hanji nodded in agreement. Jane let go of Hanji's hands and thanked her, "Thank you for the clothes." She knew it had to be Hanji. She was most likely the one with a guy shirt and she and Jay wore about the same size which was only a little bigger than Jane's. "What do you mean, I didn't give you any clothes?" Hanji answered. "I was up late thinking about Jay, I didn't see anyone give you clothes." Jane put her hand to her chin and asked herself. "Who could have given me these clothes?"