Chapter 3

~Warning this chapter is pretty cringy & short~

Jane packed the blanket up. It was late. She waited at the bottom of the hill for Levi to come down. After a few minutes he still hadn't come down. She went back up to check on him. When she reached the top, Levi was down on one knee, holding a ring, "Jane Mayonaka, will you marry me."

Jayden followed Farlan as they kept riding with the others. Isabel followed. All three rode fast as they passed some of the trees. Jay angled out of formation to ride freely. Jay kept riding farther as Farlan yelled to stop going farther from their formation. Jay turned to him as her horse kept going. It tripped and she went flying off into a bundle of small trees. She looked back to see Farlan and Isabel standing there yelling something. A titan approached from behind. They got off their horses ready to fight. "Stay there don't get close!" Farlan yelled to Jay. She didn't listen and went to attack. She swooped to go from behind but the Titan cut her cord. Farlan grabbed her, "Stay down! I love you." He said. He pushed Jay into a bush. Isabel and Farlan put up a great fight. The Titan grabbed Isabel. It ate her body all but her head, which fell on the ground. "Isabel!" Jay and Farlan cried at the same time. Jay went to get up and help him, but Farlan saw and shot one for his cords into her leg. "Sorry, but I can't let you die here." Farlan whispered. The Titan grabbed Farlan and without hesitation, it ate half of him before dropping the rest. Levi came through the trees and slashed through it in anger, eventually killing it. Jayden couldn't speak. Words swallowed in her throat. She tried to stand. She fell backwards and landed on back, but got back up to her knees to see a body lying in front of her. Her leg pounded with the pain. Her heartbeat grew louder in her ears as the light of day faded. She felt uneasy. Her heart was torn to shreds. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she saw her fiancé die right before her eyes.

Levi kissed Jane. He looked back at the gate to the garden, only to see a figure. He saw the figure in full light as a cloud revealed the bright full moon. It was Jayden. She was leaning against the gate post. A smile broadened on her face. Jane looked to see what Levi had been staring at. She smiled widely at the sight of Jayden healthy. She ran down the hill to see Jay. Levi followed. Jane hugged her. "I thought you would never heal!" Jane exclaimed. Levi hugged both of them. "I saw it all," Jay said happily. "I'm so happy for you!"

Levi's horse came running after him. He had completely cut the titan to pieces. He looked at his friend's body. Blaming Erwin for their death. Tears slowly ran down his face. He wiped them before anyone could see. After he searched Isabel and Farlan he stopped. He had seen Jay go with them but she was nowhere to be seen. He thought of what he would tell Hanji.Levi looked around. A shadow near the bushes was visible through the smoke. Once the smoke started to clear, Levi could see the person. It was Jay. Tears over her bloody face. She was on her knees. Her left leg was covered in blood. She was staring at what was left of her lover. He walked over to her, wrapped his arms around her, and sighed. "Jay, I was worried you'd be dead to, I would have broken my promise." He said, very relieved. "Promise?" Jay asked concerned. "When Farlan knew he wanted to marry you, he asked me to keep a promise. The promise was no matter what happened to him that I would protect you from all harm." Levi explained. He reached his hand out and helped her up. He got back on his horse. Jayden's horse was missing so she got on the back of Levi's and the rode back to formation.

"Bellflowers or Anemones?" Jay asked Jane. "Anemones." she replied. "They have more purple." Jay brought in flower bouquets. "We need to get you a dress! Oh! I also need to order the cake!" Jay yelled as she rushed to get the dress options. Petra Ral, a fellow scout and friend of Levi's, said, "She is very excited, I mean I would be if I didn't get to have my wedding." Jane replied, "I guess she hasn't gotten her wedding chance so she is probably static for mine." "Especially planning." Petra giggled. Jay came back in with the dresses. "OK, I ordered the cake. It's red velvet with white icing. On the top of the cake there is going to be the wings of freedom made of icing!" she yelled trying to keep her voice down. Everyone could tell she was excited for this wedding. After Jane picked her dress, the wedding began. Jay picked up the cake right before the reception. Jane and Levi were ready for their first dance. The music played and they started dancing. A tear ran down Jay's face. Her two best friends were married. She started to feel light-headed. Jay got up after the first dance and went to the bathroom. When she got in she went to the sink. She looked herself in the mirror. Jane and Levi were married. This could have been me getting married. To Farlan. Tears ran down her face. I loved him so much. She wiped the tears away and stopped crying. But there was someone else in that bathroom crying. Jay opened a stall door only to see Petra crying. "Petra?" Jay said confused. "What's wrong?" "I-I had a little, um, crush on Levi." Petra stumbled to get the words out. "Oh, sweetheart you got all the guys in the Scouts liking you, you don't need Levi to be happy." "So do you." she replied. Jay took her hand and led her out of the bathroom. She wiped the tears away and they went back and sat down for the cutting of the cake. It had been time for the toast. Jay got up in front of everybody and held up her glass. Everyone got quiet as she spoke, "Levi is one of my best friends. So is Jane. To see them as a married couple means the world to me. I remember being friends with them when they first met each other. Like a good friend I let destiny guide them together instead of introducing them to each other. They met the day Farlan died. So I say this now, when old love dies, new love is always beginning." They toasted. And the rest of that night was a mystery. They had all gotten too drunk.