Chapter 11

Alright, you know how this goes... cringe and sadness... let's get on with it.  

Eren woke up. Jay saw it all from the end of the branch, she was on the very edge. The end could snap of any minute, and to Jay, that was the fun part. Reiner was talking to Eren. Ymir was getting in the mix and so was Bert. Jay really didn't care. She started to daydream to a flashback.

[ Flashback to before the 104 cadet group was in the Scouts.]

Shadis looked into the forest as a wolf came running out. It was Jay in wolf form holding a boar in her mouth. "Not bad soldier!" He yelled. They took it into the dining hall were all the cadets were. They all looked at Jay. Shadis took the boar into the kitchen. Christa kneeled in front of Jay after she sat down still as her albino wolf. "Hi girl." She said with a sweet smile. "Get away from that thing!" Reiner and Ymir yelled at the same time standing up. The wolf curled up by Christa. She pet her slowly. "Don't worry, she looks trained." Shadis came back from the kitchen, "Her name is Jay." "That's pretty," Christa replied looking at the lovely dog. Marco sat in front of Christa and pet Jay too. Jay got up and licked his face showing appreciation. He laughed at the tickling feeling of the dog's tongue on his freckles. Eren walked over and rolled his eyes, "It's just some stupid dog." Jay's eyes sharpened and a soft growl came from her. She jumped up and bit Eren on his arm which was swung up to protect his face. Her teeth sunk in and blood dripped from his arm. Mikasa ran over to Eren. Ymir grabbed Christa while Reiner got in front of both girls, protecting them. Marco grabbed the torso of the wolf and held her down. "That beast will hurt us all!" Reiner yelled. "No!" Marco yelled back, "Eren provoked her, she wouldn't just attack him." A voice from the kitchen interrupted the yelling, "Dinner is ready!" Everyone got up to go get dinner. Marco let go of the wolf and pet her on the head before getting food. They all sat in their usual spots. Jay walked around from person to person, some of them giving her a small bite of their food. When she got to Christa, Ymir shooed her off, "Get away you wolf." Jay gave a small growl and went to the next table were Jean and Marco were sitting. Only Jean was there so Jay jumped on the bench and sat. Marco came back a second later with a bowl of water and set it down in front of her. Marco sat on the other side of her and ate his food. Jean gave a small glance at the wolf and scooted slowly away. "Jean let her sniff you," Marco said with a sweet smile making Jean feel love for the wolf and hesitantly giving the wolf a chance to sniff his hand. Jay smelled it and went back to her dinner. "So..." Jean said confused. "She knows you so don't worry about her hurting you." Jean nodded. After dinner Marco grabbed an old ball small enough to fit in Jay's mouth and played fetch with her. Christa joined in when she could sneak away from Ymir. Once Jay was too tired they took her into the cabins. Ymir refused to let Jay sleep with Christa so Marco took Jay to his bed. She laid on his bed while he got ready. Marco laid down and Jay laid with him. He felt her soft fur against him. Marco had wanted a dog for a long time. He didn't want to let her go. Little did Marco know that Jay was protective dog. Thomas was sneaking up to the bathroom in the middle of the night. All of a sudden loud barking rang through the cabin. They all shot up and saw Jay on the ground barking at Thomas, who is now cornered. When he saw them all staring at him he quickly said, "I needed to use the bathroom, I'm sorry!" Marco got back in bed and called Jay, "Come on Jay, it's fine, let's go back to bed." Jay jumped back onto his bed and they all went back to sleep.

In the morning, Jay woke up with all the other boys. Reiner had still been asleep and wouldn't wake up. Jay jumped on him and barked loudly in his ear and he shot up. "That dog!" He yelled. Her bark rang in his ears. He was angry all through breakfast. Marco had fed Jay leftover meat. After breakfast, the cadets all lined up in front of Shadis. Jay went and sat at his feet. "Cadets! Recently Jay the wolf had stayed with us! But now she has to go back to the Scouts!" his voice booming. "Wait! So is she a Scout dog then?" Christa asked from the front row. A flash of light came from the wolf. She transformed into her human form. "I'm not a Scout dog, I am a Scout." Jaws dropped. "It's called shifting." She added. She looked to Shadis, "Well I better get going or Levi will have my ass dead." Eren's mouth dropped. "You know Corporal Levi! And you're also human! Why the hell did you bite me?" "I'm personally close to Levi and ya shifting and don't be rude to any animal." She laughed and started walking into the woods again waving at the cadets. "Bye freckles!" Jay added as she waved at Marco.