Chapter 14

this is a chapter.

Jay walked along the street. She wore a light blue faded dress. The type of dress almost all women wore here. Jane walked alongside her. Her dress a light brown with gold sewing lining the seams. Jay's hair was in a neat, tight bun. Jane's was in a long braid that Jay had done. They did this to fit in. They were in Trost right after Eren and Historia were given to the Military. "It's nice to get to walk in a city, we don't have people in houses like this outside the walls." Jane said. "It is nice to get away from crime and fighting." As soon as Jay said that, yelling could be heard from a bar. Jay smiled and took Jane's hand, "Let's have some fun." Jay took Jane into the bar. A fight in the middle of the bare floor leading from the doors to the bar area. Jay maneuvered around the fight, leading Jane behind her. "Two drinks, please." Jay said as the reached the bar. They both sat on the bar stools as the bartender, an older man, grabbed some of the liquor behind him on the ledges. "How would you like those?" He asked. Jay smiled, "I'll take mine like my men, tall and douchey." Jane laughed. "And the second will be like my friends, short and angry." The bartender laughed at the names and made the drinks. Jane took the second drink and Jay the first. They both drank and laughed at old stories. They remembered times when being in the Scouts meant going outside the walls and killing titans. Before humans could become titans at will. All of a sudden a whoosh of air sped by them and behind the bar. It was Levi using his gear. Jay and Jane both jumped up quickly ready to fight. They ended up following Levi in sitting behind the bar. "It's Kenny the Ripper." Levi said after a moment of silence. Jane grabbed Levi's hand, "what are you going to do?" She asked. Levi thought for a moment but he was Interrupted by Kenny's voice. Levi motioned for Jane to sneak out using the back door and attack from behind. Jane took to it. As she reached the end of the bar, there was a space to the door. She kept crawling to try and sneak out. Kenny saw her out of the corner of his eye. He aimed his gun as she turned her head just in time to see him. BANG!

Jay walked through the mud as it poured down rain. She stopped at a familiar rock. A gravestone. Farlan's. She didn't like to come here often. It brought back too many happy memories that only lasted so long. It was all faded. Tears rolling down her pink heated cheeks. "You know when I met you I was sad. I thought Reiner was dead. I had lost someone I loved so dearly. But when I met you I felt that love again. I felt needed... wanted. Like I wasn't a monster. Like had never killed anyone... then, I found out Reiner was alive, and I felt so happy... but little did I know that almost a week later, you would die. It broke my heart into a million pieces. The person who would worry whenever I got the smallest cut, was gone. You took my heart to the grave with you. I felt I was no longer wanted. Oh, what would I pay to be in your arms again." The tears became as heavy as the rain. "I can never be happy without you. Whenever I get happy something bad always happens."

Jane saw it in slow motion. The bullets leaving Kenny's gun. Jay jumping in front for Jane, tackling her into Jay's arms. She kicked open the door and threw Jane out. "Go." Jay managed to say in a raspy voice. She cowered in pain as the bullet when into her spine. Jane didn't hesitate this time. She was a soldier. This is what she signed up for. Jane ran out quickly. There was another gunshot. This time Jay was out on the street but it didn't hit her. The bullet never was shot a Jay. That only meant it was shot at Levi. Jane wanted to turn around, to save the man she loved. But it wasn't about her. It was about Eren and Historia. And Jane was a Scout. This was her dream.

Jay sat her back on his tombstone. She could feel his presence kiss her on the forehead. He did this a lot when he was alive, just to show her he loved her. Even when they walked down the hall heading separate ways while working. He seemed so content on keeping her his. He seemed so desperate for love. He would always hold her hand in front of friends and other Scouts. He did live in the underground so he probably never felt true love very often. He was a street thug and she was a criminal, but he didn't know that. He thought he was the bad one of the pair but in reality, she killed people's death was a high-end thief. She would never tell him though. Keeping secrets would eventually destroy their relationship if it got that far. How would Jay ever tell him that she was the female Armored Titan?