The Girl With Angel Wings

“Are you ok?” The young boy’s thoughts tore through the silence. The girl spoke not a word as there were no words to describe how it was that she felt at that moment.

The boy quickly decided to go and sit beside the silent girl, taking in his surroundings. The wind was blowing lightly, brushing his hair into his eyes, and the sky was a lovely, lively blue. Birds sang, and the flowers where dancing carefully across the grassy meadows.

They sat there, in the grassy meadows, for hours. Not exchanging a single word, as both new exactly how the other was feeling: at ease. Only when the sun began to set, swaying the meadow into a cascade of gold, red and orange light, did the girl say anything to the boy beside her.

“For once, I won't worry about my future. And it's you, I can thank for putting my mind and heart at peace.” The girl whispered and kissed the boy gently on the cheek. Before she stood up and began to walk away from the boy who sat in the field enjoying the last warmth of the setting sun.

Years later, a teenager stands where it was a young boy used to sit with his friend. The meadow was still gifted with life, if not a little more. Memories of this meadow where treasure to the boy, as the girl never came around anymore. She couldn't come and visit him even if she wanted.

She had died of an illness that had broken her down at a young age, and about a year later she had told the boy. He was distraught but, had accepted it and promised the young girl that she wasn't to worry as he would make her time with him count.

And he kept his promise.

Here the young boy stood, grown up and standing before the young girl’s grave with her favourite flowers tight in his grasp.

It wasn't fair that somebody with such potential had to be taken away from the people who cared for her so much. The lovely young girl, who never got the chance to grow up into a beautiful young woman. The girl he loved was the girl that changed him for the better. The girl that showed him that he could fight through anything.

And the girl who watched over him with angel wings, showing him that things aren't as bad as they seem.

--

A/N- Wiggidy, Wiggidy wassup everybody?
I am so sorry that I haven't updated sooner and that this is more of a filler.
I have been given a request and I'm working on it but I was dragged into the hell that is the Voltron fandom. (God help me, I ship Klance)
(also I'm not religious, sorry if that offends anybody.)
The following oneshots coming up :

Troll! Draal x reader

Jim and (Y/n) are sitting in a tree~

Summer special ~ {for the actual plot}

And probably more. Feel free to request, sorry if they take a long time to upload. :'(

Anyway...
Wiggidy, Wiggidy over and out, Chaw!!
-Blue 💙