Chapter Three

"So Harley how was France?" I ask. "It was good, there were really pretty girls there, and they were all natural." He says.

   "You know the French never shave because they are all natural." I say. (Idk if that's true but it's what my mom says, maybe that's why she calls me part French)

   His face automatically scrunches up. I giggle at his face until our laughing circle was interrupted by someone.

   "What did I say you were gonna do yesterday?" Zach said. "Zach can I not, one of my best friends just got back and I haven't seen him all summer." I pout.

  "Too bad." He grabs everything from my lunch and stuffs it back in his bag then leads me to his table.

   I look back at both the guys confused. I see Nova start explaining to them. As my stare stays on my friends Zach speaks up.

   "Hey guys meet my girlfriend Tori." He says. They all look up at me. I hate this.

   "Zach and a girlfriend?" Jonah asks confused. "Yup, I'm taking a break from the whole player thing." He grabs my hand and smiles.

   I plaster a fake smile on my face. "Well I'm assuming you know who we are cause we're the most popular in school." Jack said.

   Wow, they're all like Zach, not surprised.

   "Well where is she gonna sit cause I'm not moving for some chick." Daniel says. "First of all she isn't some chick, she's my girlfriend. And second of all, I was gonna have her sit here." He pats his thigh.

   Hold on hold on hold on. Let's backtrack a bit. Did he just defend me. No. He doesn't care about me. I don't even like him.

   Zach sits down and pats his lap. I hesitate at the thought of sitting on his lap. But end up going through with it, for Nova.

   He places my now slightly crumpled lunch bag on the table. "Are you gonna eat babe?" He asks. I cringe at him calling me babe.

   "No you can have it, I'm not hungry anymore." I say. "Ok but if you want it back just ask." He kisses my cheek. Why did that feel kinda good. To be kissed by Zach.

   No. No Tori. You don't like him. He doesn't like you.

     I plaster a fake smile on my face once again. "So Tori, how long have you liked Zach?" Eben asked. Oh shat I forgot he sits here.

    "Uuh, well, you see..." I stutter until Zach cuts in. "I asked her out, I thought she was beautiful," he looked at me, "the way her eyes sparkle with that blue, like the sun reflecting off the ocean. And her perfect skin and hair." He finishes and looks deeply in my eyes.

   "Well that's cute." Corbyn rolls his eyes snapping us out of our gaze.

   What the hell just happened? Was he being honest? No. No. He doesn't like you Tori.

"Yup, Zori is real." Zach says trying to give an Eskimo kiss. I go along with it.

"Aren't you friends with that Nova girl?"'Daniel asks. "Yeah she's my best friend. Why?" I say.

"Cause she's hot and I could use and easy girl you know." He says smirking and chuckling with his friends.

I give him a glare. "She isn't easy, so if you wanna get her to be with you for even a second you might wanna step up your game." I say crossing my arms.

"Well actually No-" I pinch his leg signaling for home to stop. He looks at me. I give him a look to shut up.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I stand up. "Ok but be quick, don't wanna miss you too long." He winks.