Chapter 30: Free...

After much dragging and struggling and falling. I was thrown to the ground in a seemingly empty spot where a clearing was. I looked around and the men had stood in line. Blocking the only clear exit. Micheal stood in front of them and I scrambled to my feet and backed away.

"What..."

"Oh, now you want to talk! Questions questions... No, I don't want to answer questions. Lets get this over with boys. I want to leave this place." He used some many levels within his speech that I was stunned. He really was a shocking guy. I looked at all the men whose faces were not easy to recognise or make out. I watched them before turning my attentions back to Michael who now was walking towards me.

"What are you going to do? What do you want?"

"You know the answers, well maybe not in detail but it will do. Lizzie, you have committed many sins against me, your maker, I therefore condemn you, to death, a death in which you shall rise no more and never see your precious Damien ever again. This is your second death Lizzie. One you will not rise back from. I gave you this life, so evidently, I shall take that life back."

"So, your going to kill me. How original."

"Ha, always sarcasm and comments but will you be so facetious now?" He signalled to his men and two walked forwards towards me. They grabbed my arms from each side and jerked my body so my head fell backwards, allowing full access to my neck. One of the men planted his boot in my back which cracked my spine and deemed me unable to move at all. I bit my lip as the pain became unbareable. Michael would not get satisfaction out of this.

They restrained me there and I could see nothing but the trees. My eyes begun to go blurry as I heard Michael arranging details and the men uttering things but nothing could really be made out. I foucused on Damien and all the times we had together. 

Michael's face suddenly was visible above me. The men pushed me down to my knees so I could see him better and Michael pressed his body against mine. He smirked and bending down whispered in my ear;  "Any last words?"

"Go to hell!"

"Oh not me. You shall be going to hell." 

Closing my eyes he ran a finger down my face then over my neck. 

"Hm... the best way to die. What shall we do with you. Ah, I know!"

He disappeared from view and a sudden blow to the stomach sent pain through my body. Taking my own knife he stabbed me in the stomach, sinking the knife right in before twisting it. I screamed in agony.

He smacked me, kicked me, punched me until I was weak then finally, he sunk his teeth one more time into my neck and slowly drained my blood. He smirked whilst drinking the life giving blood ever so slowly which was agonising and waves of pain kept ripping through my body.

I thought only of Damien and how he would never know what happened to me. I tried to be strong for him in my last moments and prayed that he may never go through this. I hoped that I would die quickly and that he would not feel guilty but knowing Damien I knew this was for certain that he would. 

Suddenly as death was moments away, Michael drew back, sending blood spurting everywhere as it poured from my neck. He drew back and as the men lifted my head slightly. He put his hand out and one of the men placed a shiny sliver gun in his hand and he aimed it at me. The liquid I had seen before was visible on the end on the barrel and as the men made me watch. Michael pulled the trigger...

One bullet hit my lower chest and stayed there. Another hit my upper leg and too remained lodged there. The men held me up so I could see Michael's reaction as he turned and sauntered away. The men then threw me backwards to the floor and they all walked away too. I was alone and on the verge of death.

A thought popped into my head and after waiting as long as physically possible I sounded the river whistle. I waited before doing it again. In the distance I could hear Damien reply with his own river whistle and I knew he was coming. I sunk down into the floor and laid waiting. 

After a while, movement was heard and Damien came into view. I smiled slightly but it dropped as his shocked face sent shivers through my damaged spine. He was mortified and rushing to my side, he sank to his knees next to me. He pulled me into his arms and rocked me slightly. He noticed the bullet wound and he looked at me terrified. I could see the recognition in his eyes and tears began to flow. He was crying as I also begun to. I nodded to him and he shook his head. 

"Damien... Damien please... I don't have long. You have to, please free me. I'm in too much pain... Please, I love you, I understand."

He angrily wiped his tears and looking for reassurance, I nodded again as he put his fingers into the bullet wound and located the bullet. Carefully, he withdrew it from me and pressed down on the wound. He did the same with the chest wound. He was struggling as I was screaming in pain and I could see the fear in his eyes. Once he located the bullet he settled a little but realisation sunk in all too quickly.

"Thank you..." I whispered as the tears flowed.

"Lizzie... Lizzie, I love you. I am so so sorry. I should have tried to stop them. to save you. It's my fault." He cried.

"No... its not your fault. you made a promise and you didn't break it. That means the world to me. Your the only person not to have broken a promise to me. I love you Damien but you have to understand. Its not your fault. I love you..." I whispered.

"Lizzie..." He cried, I gave a small smile and looking into his eyes I breathed deeply and I focused on him as he faded and my eyes became too blurry with tears to see. I blinked them away as I drew my last breath... I was gone...

Authors note: 

Keep your eyes peeled, there may be more in store yet!! Sorry for delayed uploading had to rewrite all the ending. Let me know what you think for the ending, the whole book, whatever. No hate please, cheers guys... Hoped you liked it.