Chapter 20: Blood

A week after the kiss and Damien went back to the clan on my request I realised that loneliness was creeping back over me. It felt right but wrong to be with Damien but it had been along time since, well since him and I had nothing to lose. I trusted him but if he broke me it would be my undoing.

I walked to the clan in search of him. I chatted to some of the women on my way building myself up to talk to him. I had almost given up when, as I looked up, he walked round the corner in thought and bumped into me. He looked confused at me. I looked to the floor. He stepped closer. "Cove?" I nodded. He walked around me and set off, I walked on a little more before returning to the cove.

Damien was stood on the rocks deep in thought as I approached him, he immediately spun around and watched me as I walked to him. "You wanted to speak to me?" He said sincerely.

"I was thinking, last week, it was rude to storm off like that, I just."

"Rude? It was more than rude!" He turned away and calmed down, running his hands through his hair, unknowingly making me realise I wanted him. He turned back around and I concealed my dazed expression. I looked back up at him and we just stared then before I knew, we moved at the same time, grabbing each other and kissing passionately. Running my hands through his hair he lent over me slightly as we kissed. He tugged at my top to untuck it from my jeans.

I moved away. He looked confused again. I shook my head and he nodded. Then kissed me again gently. He looked into my eyes placing his head on my forehead. His eyes swirling wildly. He kissed my forehead then walked away. I sighed, I guess its official, I can't hide my feelings now.

I went into the cove and sat down staring into the forest. In case you hadn't guessed yet, I went to the river and slowly stripping off I waded out into the water and stayed there letting the water flow by.

I walked back to the shore slowly with my eyes closed then left the water. I opened my eyes to find Damien resting against a tree, watching me. He zoned back in when he noticed me looking and walked towards me. I grabbed my clothes and began dressing. He stopped inches from me and looked at me. I stared up at him.

He tucked my hair behind my ears. I traced his features with my fingers, stopping at his lips. I reached up and kissed him gently. He closed his eyes as I rested against his forehead and remained there for some minutes. I left silently as he stayed there staring at the river. I walked silently and without thought back to the cove.

I reached the cove and a sudden anger struck up in me and crying out, I punched the wall, cutting my knuckles open as I slunk down the cove wall to the floor. Damien appeared in minutes, he smelled the blood and was very worried. I buried my head into my hands in an attempt to hide and conceal my sobs.

Damien moved towards me, kneeling or so I imagined, I dared not to look up. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong? You weren't acting against your will were you? If you were I mean I'd understand, but please, talk to me."

I looked up slightly and my imagination was confirmed. "Acting against my will! Of course I wasn't I just feel really guilty for some reason, like its wrong for some reason. I hate feeling like this, I'm so confused."

"Why did you punch the wall?" He said taking my hand and inspecting the wounds. He kissed them gently sending a shiver through me. The blood had reached his lips and a familiar swirl was present in  his eyes. He tried to restrain himself, moving away as I sat away from the wall, but the taste for it overwhelmed him. He pushed me over and laid on top of me his fangs showing and his eyes red and sexy. A shiver went through me again. He moved towards my lips, kissing me intently with a fierceness. He took my breath away as I went crazy for him. He then kissed my neck leading up to the bite. He had pinned me down, no escape possible. I found this strangely encouraging.

He kissed my neck gently then after moving away slightly sunk his teeth into my neck as I let out a sigh. He drank away as I was powerless but pleasured. I moaned slightly as he pulled away. I looked into his eyes with a clear intention. He held up his arms to offer himself to me. I smirked then pounced on him and pushed him into the floor, biting his neck and taking blood, the taste sending shock waves through my body. I heard his sigh and immediately wanted him.

I drew back and kissed him. He licked away the blood from his lips as I did too. He rolled me over and now I was looking up at him. He kissed my neck, licking the wound of where he had just drained blood from me. I laid back against the floor taking it all in. I knew in that moment that I had nothing to lose and happiness is key. Damien was mine and I would cherish him. He loved me and maybe soon I will love him too.