Chapter 7: A date to remember

The next night I headed into the village with Luke.

We parked in the local pub car park and waited on the doorstep. I smoked whilst waiting and eventually someone came out and asked us inside and we said we didn't realise they were open yet. The guy laughed and brushed it off. Once inside we ordered drinks. I got a gin and tonic and Luke got cider. went inside. We found a comfortable booth and sat down. There was a few locals in and they kept to themselves.

I was wearing a long black pencil skirt with a dark blue blouse and black heels. Luke had on a white t shirt and black jeans. I had my hair down and curled today and had a red lipstick on.

We spent a good few hours there chatting away about made up things and some of Luke's colleagues came in and sat with us for a short while.

"So how do you two know each other?"

"Oh we went to college together." I smiled. "We were the best of friends and as I was in town we thought we might as well have a catch up." I placed my hand on his arm and he grinned back.

"Awh that's lovely. Well we'll leave you two to it. Good night."

"Night." I beamed. "They were lovely weren't they?" I smiled at Luke.

We left half an hour later thanking the bar staff as we went. We drove back to the cabin.

Once there I had a shower and threw my hair up in a bun. I removed my make up and put on a little perfume.

We sat on the sofa. I sat on one end and he on the other. I did not know what to say to him now. The past few days had been crazy.

He shuffled over and put his legs on the table. I put my legs on top of his and turned to face him.

I ran my fingers slowly through his hair, tucking it behind his ear as I did.

"What's wrong?" I looked away.

"Nothing. I just, life's so different and all in a few days too. It's... strange."

"I know. I understand. We gotta live for the present though."

I looked at him, he always knew the right words to say.

He leaned over and kissed my forehead. Then gently lifted my chin and kissed me softly.

I kissed him back but then pushed him away. He looked confused.

"I can't."

"Michael?" I nodded almost ashamed.

"I just."

"No I understand. He really did take you away from me."

"I love him, I loved him. Oh I don't even know anymore."

"It's alright. I had a feeling he wouldn't have just left you alone. He used you though and you probably don't wanna hear that but he did. He knew they were after him so he stuck his claws in you well and truly got you hooked so that you would try and save him."

"What? No, no he wouldn't do that!" I stood up and walked to the front door. I took out my cigarettes. Luke walked over and took the box from me.

"You don't need those."

"I do."

"No, you need blood." I sighed. He was right. I hadn't fed in a while and I was weak.

I put the cigarettes away and we set off into the forest to hunt. Once in the forest I separated from him. I prefered to hunt alone now. I felt a great sense of happiness after feeding. I slumped against a tree and sighed, a weight had been lifted off my shoulder.

I thought about what Luke had said. Maybe he was right. Michael was using Luke after all, in a different way but the concept still remains. What if he was using me? He didn't deserve whatever they were doing to him in that cell.

I thought back through the strange relationship and things became a lot clearer now that I could think straight. I stood up and met back up with Luke, My mind was set. I knew what I had to do now.