Chapter 15: Judgement day

Sleep was abandoning me. I knew that I may lose Luke and I could not bare that thought. I had loved him for years. The world was not worth it without him. 

I watched Luke sleep. So peaceful and cute. I would really miss him. He'd for sure make the clan. I however had no idea what I'd do. 

I stroke Luke's cheek and kissed his forehead before attempting sleep one last time. 

When I awoke I gasped but exhaled deeply when I saw Luke. He held me close before we got ready. 

Today is judgement day.

I may possibly lose Luke forever.

I'm not ready.

Damien arrived on time. I kissed Luke passionately as he approached.

Damien was joined by five quite large men all with weapons. Three of the men approached Luke and grabbed him. I held on as long as I could. 

"I love you Luke." 

"I love you Lizzie." 

He was being dragged away I wanted so badly to run after him. To fight those men but that would be foolish and naive. I held myself back. I had to be strong for Luke. He was slowly getting further away. I held back tears.

He was gone. 

I was alone with Damien and the remaining guys. 

They stepped forward and walked behind me to grab my stuff. 

They walked ahead and Damien stepped closer. 

I held my breath. 

He touched my hair. 

"I sure hope you make the clan." He then walked away and signalled for me to follow. 

I exhaled deeply and followed.

We reached a clearing in the woods. The moon was visible as were the stars. I watched them as I walked. Hoping I'd get through this. 

Suddenly Damien spun around. 

"I want you to get in. I decide. I can make it easier for you."

"No. I want to get in on my talent. Don't go easy on me."

"If you're sure?"

"Yes. I am."

We walked a little further and towards a second clearing. Before we reached it however Damien stopped and pushed me up against a tree. I gasped. 

He looked intently into my eyes. Searching for something. I tried to look away but his eyes were swirling. He touched the side of my face and chills ran down my spine. He put his hand on my waist. I tried to control my breathing. He was close. Close enough to kiss. I looked away but he pulled me back to look at him by my chin. 

Luke was somewhere out there ready to fight and I had to stand my ground. 

"Damien!"

He pushed away. 

He smiled before heading towards the clearing where I could hear the clan. A wooden structure had been erected and the clan was the crowd raised up above a fenced arena.

The crowd became increasingly louder. I looked around anxiously then my eyes rested on Luke and my heart broke.

He was restrained by the men from before. He was in armour and fixed on the arena. He didn't even notice me. I wanted to cry.