Chapter 3 : Answers

"Lizzie."

"Michael." I greeted him as I leant against a tree. 

"I want you to understand. I saved you but I don't want anything from you."

"Why did you, um, you know?"

"I had to." He looked away. 

"Why didn't you kill me?"

"I did." He said nonchalantly.

"No, I mean in that building. Why didn't you just kill me then?"

"I can't quite explain why."

"Try." I urged. 

"Okay, I saw something in you. In your eyes and I for the first time, just couldn't."

He walked around the trees and finally leant against the one opposite me. He seemed to be stuck for what to say to me. 

"I died didn't I?" He nodded. "What do I do now?"

"You live."

"How?" He avoided my eyes. 

"You follow the rules and don't get found. You live by the code and you'll have a new, better life."

I walked towards him. He looked away. I moved his chin to face me so he had no choice but to look at me. For the first time, he looked in my eyes and he wasn't trying to hurt me. I took a step closer and felt the sun on my face as it came through the trees. I closed my eyes and smiled. 

I opened my eyes again and saw his eyes swirling in a way I'd not seen before. He stepped forward and put his hand around my waist. 

"Why me?" I asked curiously. 

"Because I wanted you." He admitted. 

"Do you still want me?"

He looked to my lips and back to my eyes and raised his brow. Shivers went down my body and I was shaking again 

"Let's get you inside. Sunlight isn't good for you." 

"What else isn't good for me?" I asked.