Chapter 28: The Fall

A scream was heard above the noisy silence, a scream that seemed to come from no direction but was loud and clear. I realised I was the one screaming and immediately stopped and opened my eyes. 
A sharp torturous pain struck me across my chest and head. What had happened to me?
It was dark and I was tied up somewhere. I struggled against my bonds but found only a new source of pain. I winced as I dragged myself to a semi-sitting position and glanced around. A theoretical punch to the face as all that had happened hit me full force. My eyes filled with angry and sad tears. Something or someone shifted somewhere. I froze. That laugh, I remember that laugh. My body curled in disgust. How could I not have put up more of a fight? I promised I would. I searched around frantically for any indication to where Michael was. I found none. 

He was playing with me, the laugh kept sounding from different parts of the room or area I was in. I focused on one spot and tried to block out the pain I was in. 
"Ah, your back with us. One hell of a fight you gave you know." The voice spoke whilst moving around the room.
"I'll always keep fighting you." I forced the bedraggled words from my mouth.
"I know that, but it'll never work. Your here, with me, and he, well he's out there somewhere."
"I hate you."
"I love you too darling."
"I told you before, I am not your..."
"Darling, yes I know. But your not his now either, his beheaded body probably lies out there now as we speak, he is gone and the sooner you accept that the quicker we can move on."
"I'll never move on from Damien or forget him."
"This should be fun then." He jumped into view, landing on his knee and foot, hands on the floor next to me. He smirked looking down me, a shiver shooting through me. He shifted slightly closer. Moving my hair to the side.
"Its going to be the best, you and I, forever, that's plenty of time to move on." He cut his finger and rubbed blood across my lips and his. I resisted the urge to accept the blood but before I knew it, he took my neck and kissed me. I could not move nor push him off.
The connection between us was getting harder to resist, he kissed me passionately and ran his fingers down my body. I resisted to kiss back or move, I had nowhere to go. I tried to move my head but he grabbed the front of my neck. 
I gave in and kissed him back but not for my sake, I had developed a plan and this was all part of it. He pushed my legs down and sat on me, reaching around me he began untying my bonds. I smiled slightly, the plan was working. He put the rope at the side of me then began kissing my neck. He sunk his teeth into my neck and I gasped sinking backwards. 
I opened my eyes and focused on an escape plan. He put his arm around my back and lifting me up moved me so I was laying down on the floor. He grabbed my wrists and pinned me down. I turned my head to get a better view of a door I had just noticed. 
He let go of my wrists and began unbuttoning my shirt and kissing across my wound. I winced slightly as he did so but I focused on my plan. 
He resumed kissing my lips once he got low down my body. I kissed him with false passion and taking control rolled him over so I was on top. 

I cringed at what I was about to do. I unbuttoned his shirt and carefully took it from him. Sitting him up I kissed his neck, he sat back slightly as I took control, he was blinded by passion and I saw my chance. 

Finding the strength, I grabbed the rope and wrapped it around his neck. He gasped for air, I smirked then loosened the rope as he grabed out for me, I held my hand in a fist and hit him across the head. He was stunned enough for me to get off of him and make a break for it. Tripping on a stone, I hit the floor then threw it at him. Bullseye. I hit his head and he cursed. I ran for the door and yanked it open.

I ran blindly into darkness as I heard his shouts after me, I picked up the pace. Holding my arms out in front of me, I fought my way through the unknown. 
"I'm going to kill you Lizzie." He shouted. I held back the urge to scream and just ran.

Occasionally running into walls and changing direction, I had been running for a good few minutes before and light was visible. I stared anxiously hoping it was a way out. I ran through the doorway only to find myself on a cliff surface with a massive drop before me. I skidded to a halt just in time.
I desperately looked for a way around the cliff but my only option was to go back in and keep running or jump. 
I panicked as angry voices got closer. I turned around to face the door, stepping back I scanned the rocks. Michael skidded suddenly into view with a good five other vampires or so.
I stepped back.
Michael's arm flew out. "Lizzie, step away from the edge, just come back inside, it was too sudden sorry, just move away from the edge." Tears welling up in my eyes, I blinked them back as I shook my head. I wiped my tears bravely and took a deep breath.
"I'm not sorry." I stepped backwards and in the split second I did, the ground disappeared beneath my feet and I was falling...