Confession

"What's up Natsu?''

As if on cue, after his and Rogue's in depth conversation; Natsu appeared walking up to Sting on the balcony, the sharp white of the moon contrasting with the pinkette's suit.

The blonde felt himself tense up however, since a little earlier he had acted worryingly possessive over the latter. Despite the fact that he was relieved that Natsu was here so he could explain himself and address his worries, he was also scared that the fire mage had lost trust in him since.

Natsu placed both hands onto the balcony, looking up at the moon as Sting did, before turning to the latter with a warm smile.

"The moon being this bright brings back memories doesn't it?'' The pinkette inquired, leaning on the railings.

Sting's eyes furrowed. "I didn't think you'd want to bring that up again...''

Natsu shook his head. "Before now I wouldn't, but now that I think about it... if that hadn't have happened I wouldn't have gotten to know you.'' The blonde blushed at the remark.

"When you put it that way...''

A comfortable silence was lifted between the two dragon slayers.

"About earlier...'' Sting piped up, catching Natsu's attention. "I'm sorry for embarrassing you like that... Weisslogia told me it was a dragon slayer thing when I was little, that I could... get possessive or whatever.

The pinkette furrowed his eyebrows. He shuffled closer to Sting, so that their arms were touching.

"Do you think I really care about that? Besides, if you do get too out of hand I can defend myself.'' Natsu laughed, engulfing his palm with flames to emphasize the point. "And if its a dragon slayer thing then I'll probably get like that too.''

The blonde frowned. "You're probably right.''

"Of course I'm right.''

The fire mage closed his palm and rested his chin in his arms. "Since we're apologizing for stuff... I guess I should apologize for going to Magnolia earlier.''

Sting's chuckled bitterly. "Yeah, you weren't very good at hiding it.'' Natsu pouted at his remark.

"Anyways... I actually came to tell you something important.''

This peeked the Sabertooth Master's interest. "Oh?''

The pinkette closed his eyes. "What would you're reaction be if someone told you they love you?'' He blurted out; his face turning bright red as he hid his head in his arms.

Sting widened his eyes in shock at the latter due to the sudden question, before blinking a couple of times. How was he supposed to answer that to Natsu of all people?

"I... well... it depends who is er...'' The blonde stuttered, pink dusting across his own cheeks, until he suddenly realised what the fire mage was saying, making his cheeks darken.

"Are you trying to tell me you love me?'' He inquired with a smirk to hide his shock.

The pink haired boy brought his head up slightly to look at Sting with a pout, which the latter honestly found adorable.

"Kinda...'' Natsu whispered, averting his gaze to the city bellow them in embarrassment.

 ''Then... I guess I'd have to say I feel the same way.''
Emerald eyes widened.

As soon as Natsu turned around to look up at the taller mage; the blonde had already leaned down and kissed him softly, holding his hand.

The fire dragon slayer smiled into the kiss. After all, it was so gentle compared to the other times they had locked lips. The way Sting caressed Natsu's hand with his own, the way he guided the pinkette's tongue with his own, Natsu had never felt as happy than in this moment. He had never felt more loved than in this moment.

For the blonde, he never imagined that Natsu felt the same way he did for an instant. His heart had started hammering in his chest as soon as he had said it, and without thinking it wasn't long before he placed his lips against the latter's without hesitation.

Although Sting felt as if he was in heaven; it wasn't long until he started to feel the need to pin Natsu down or against a wall. His dragon instincts were starting to kick in quickly. It seemed to happen every time he showed any affection towards the other dragon slayer; so instead he leaned back, smiling to cover his worry and regret for not kissing him longer... to show Natsu how much he cared about him; but at the moment he didn't feel in the right state of mind. He knew he'd have to control this somehow.

Natsu just hugged the taller man.

"What does that make us now?'' He asked, looking up from Sting's torso to his face.

The blonde smiled, wrapping his own arms around the pinkette's smaller frame. "Engaged?'' Sting asked with a laugh, making Natsu's face flush as he hit the blonde in the stomach.

"I-Idiot! Its too early for that!''

The white dragon just smirked, amused by the fiery mage's actions. "Calm down, I was joking.'' He giggled, as Natsu simply pouted.

"How about boyfriends? Lovers?'' The blonde asked, as the fire mage smiled at the thought.

"Alright.''

• • • • • • •

"Aw, isn't that sweet?'' Yukino asked, observing Sting and Natsu from a distance along with an amused Rogue, Frosch and Lector.

"I knew Sting would be the first to confess!'' Lector stated triumphantly. "At a boy Sting-kun!''

"From where I was looking I think it was Natsu who confessed first.'' Frosch commented.

Rogue rolled his eyes. "Who cares. Its kinda weird that we're spying on them right?'' The shadow mage turned his head away from the two to give them more privacy than the other three were, however just as he did, he saw Minerva pacing towards Sabertooths office.

Narrowing his red eyes in suspicion, he engulfed his body into a shadow, morphing  into the floor beneath him.

• • • • • • •

"What adorable pictures...'' A certain dark haired woman stated sarcastically, placing down three clear photographs of two dragon slayers kissing at a balcony with the moon behind them.

"I wonder how the magic council will react; when they see that our Master's main priority isn't the guild...''