Overheard

Finally changed; Natsu walked out of his room again. His eyes were slightly red due to his excessive crying earlier.

As he clicked the door shut, he paused... looking over to his bare shoulder, which was exposed by absence of a sleeve on the right hand side of his black waistcoat. He felt thankful that Sting had removed it... after all, if he hadn't... Minerva would have been shouting down his ear for the next five hours.

He chuckled. "Man, that chick reminds me of Erza...'' The pinkette said to no one in particular, as he walked down the corridor and back into the guild hall.

As he entered, he noticed that all of the pillows had been removed, and there were a few guild members scattered around, some looking at the request board...

...which reminded him, he needed to have the Sabertooth crest to be able to go on missions.

The fire mage furrowed his eyebrows. Luckily though; he spotted Yukino on the far side of the room, and ran up to her enthusiastically.

"Hey, Yukino!''

The short haired wizard turned around, as a soft smile formed on her face at the sight of the pinkette. "Do you know where Rogue is?'' Natsu inquired, rubbing the back of his head. "Sting said that he was gonna find me the stamp or whatever...''

"Rogue? I think he just went to the office.'' She stated, extending a finger towards the direction Natsu had just come from.

"Oh, thanks!''

"Wait! There is something else...'' Yukino exclaimed, grabbing Natsu's scarf before he could run off.

The pinkette raised an eyebrow.

"Master and Lector left just now, he said he'd be back in around twenty minutes or so.''

Natsu frowned, looking at the floor, which quickly turned back into a wide smile as he looked back at the celestial spirit mage. "Alright, thanks!'' He shouted, before running off to the office.  

When he finally made it; the fire dragon didn't bother knocking, and simply slammed the door open instead.

"Do you even know how to knock?'' Natsu turned his head to the centre of the room, where Rogue was standing; rolling his eyes from the obnoxiousness, otherwise known as Natsu Dragneel.

The pinkette rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "Sorry bout' that. So um...'' the shorter mage drew his attention to the stamp that Rogue was holding in his left hand ''...you found it then?''

"Yes.''

Natsu grinned widely, walking up to the shadow dragon slayer impatiently. "Put it on my left shoulder then, will ya?'' the fire dragon slayer stated, rolling the sleeve of his waistcoat to reveal another bare shoulder, and pointing at it with his thumb as emphasis.

Rogue in return, looked expressionless. "I would, but Sting wanted you to have it done later today so we could all celebrate.'' The shadow mage stood up, placed the stamp down on the table in the centre of the small room, and stepped forward to Natsu.

"Talking about Sting...''

"Okay; bye now!'' The pinkette shouted running off towards the door...

...however the exit was blocked as Rogue used his shadow magic to appear in front of him.

"Tell me, do you like Sting?''

• • • • • • •

The doors of Sabertooth opened, which echoed through the entirety of the hall, as Lector and the Master walked in, carrying a load of bags... smiling like idiots. 

"Hey... Lector,'' The blonde stated, looking down at his small companion. "can you take these to the guild kitchens?'' He inquired. The red exceed took the bags off of him, toddling off.

"Welcome back, Master.''

Sting turned around, resting his hands on his hips as he smiled at Yukino.

"Hey,'' He grinned ''do you know where Natsu is?'' The woman nodded

"Yes, he is in the office right now.''

The white dragon slayer thanked her, running off to find the pinkette. 'I wonder if Natsu will like what I brought him...'

When the blonde had finally made it just outside of the office, he halted as he could hear mumbling. 'I forgot Rogue was in there too...' 

"Do you like Sting?''

His eyes shot open, as he heard his heart thumping loudly in his chest.

Was he talking to Natsu?

Sting wasn't one for eavesdropping, but...

He walked closer to the side of the door, silently, with his back pressed against the wall; hoping to hear Natsu's reply as clearly as he could.

"Uh, I mean, I guess he is my friend now so... yeah?''

The blonde sighed. Why did the pinkette have to be so dense sometimes?

"You know that's not what I meant.''

"Then what do you mean?''

"If he asked you right now do go on a date with you, would you do it?''

Silence.

"YOU KNOW WHAT EMO? FINE. I DO HAVE A SMALL CRUSH ON HIM, BUT I WOULDNT DATE HIM THAT SOON OKAY?!''

• • • • • • •

The now short tempered fire mage once again slammed the door open to leave the office, with his eyes scrunched tight in frustration. 'Man, Rogue is so annoying...'

Before Natsu walked fully out, he felt someone grab both his wrists pulling him outside, and pinning them up against the wall...