Chapter 19. SURPRISE!

The limo ride was amazing, we played really loud music, sang karaoke from the TV screen, drank vodka and we even ended up with our heads out the windows and the roof, waving at everyone we passed. Some people thought we were famous and started chasing the limo, but got really pissed when we stopped at a traffic light and noticed we weren't. Their faces were priceless.

We finally arrive at our destination, at least I think we have because the limo has stopped and Hayley is getting her bag and turning the radio off. 

"Ready?" she says, taking my hand and squeezing it.

"No, not really..." I say nervously. 

"Right, you're just gonna have to do one thing for me, okay?" she says, looking me seriously in the eyes.

"What?" I ask warily.

"Close your eyes."

"No way... Oh God."

"No, in fact." she says, searching in her bag for something. "I'll put this on you." She takes out a leopard print scalf and begins wrapping it around my head and covering my eyes.

"But whyyyyy?!" 

"Because I said so. Haydn open the door for God's sake!" Hayley says.

I hear the door open and feel someone take my hand and lead me out of the limo. I almost trip on the curb in my heels and feel my face turn red when I imagine people standing around watching me.

"Who is this?" I say, feeling the face of the person holding my hand. 

"It's Nick, idiot." 

"Oh."

I let go of his face.

I hear the boys hiss at each other for a while, then I hear Will whisper something to Hayley and then Nick lets go of my hand and I hear their footsteps scattering away.

"Ready?" Hayley says excitedly, and without even looking I know by her voice she's dying to show me the surprise.

I take a deep breath and say, "Yes. I'm ready." 

Hayley takes both my hands and walks in front of me, carefully leading me around trees, over grass, through gates and finally up a few steps. I hear someone open a door and Hayley steps behind me and takes off the scarf from around my head.

"SURPRISE!" I'm greeted by a crowd of many people, probably 40, 50. They're all smiling, whistling, laughing and cheering as I enter the room. Some faces aren't even recognizable.

"Oh my God!" I practically shout. My hands are covered over my mouth and I am in literal shock. Everyone laughs and Hayley gives me a massive hug.

"Awww, look at your face!" Hayley says, pinching my cheeks.

I laugh and look around me at the lovely people I am surrounded by. It is only now I've just come to notice I'm standing in the sports hall at my school in Holmes Chapel. The whole hall is decorated with Happy Birthday banners and on the ceiling is a massive disco ball, spinning wildly. At the left side of the hall is a massive buffet with food and drink and my mouth starts watering.

A crowd of people from my year come up to me and wish me a Happy Birthday and I thank them shyly.

"Flo rida - Club can't even handle" me starts bursting through the speakers in the hall, it's so loud as the hall is so big and echo-ee and the music bounces off the walls. Suddenly everyone runs to the middle of the hall and starts dancing.

"Let's dance!" Hayley says, pulling me towards the crowd.

We dance the whole night, only stopping for a few drink breaks, which are, in fact, juice boxes and water as I was told by a guy (no idea who it was) there wasn't aloud alcohol in the school premises, which totally sucks but I don't really mind that much, the main thing is that I'm having a good time.