Chapter 18. This is amazing!

I'm upstairs in my room, taking slow and long breaths. Staring at my reflection in the mirror. I'm wearing the dress. The most perfect dress in the world and yet I'm still scared. I have my cardigan buttoned up to the top so my chest isn't showing. I look down at my heels... they're not really hurting me but I've practised walking up and down my room and I'm still not sure if I'll survive the night.

The worse thing about it all is I have no idea what is going on tonight and I absolutely hate surprises.

I jump as I hear someone knock at my door. I look at the clock, it's exactly 8PM. Oh God. 

Mum pops her head through the door and says "Brooklyn, Hayley is-" she stops and stares at me, slowly opening the door.

"Brooklyn... you look beautiful darling!" she says, looking very surprised.

She pulls me into a hug and I can't help but smile. 

When we pull away I notice my mum has tears in her eyes. "Look at me, getting all emotional!" she says, wiping her eyes.

I giggle. "Don't cry, mum. It's my Birthday!"

"I know, I know... I've just never seen you like this before." she says, soothing a lock of my curled hair.

"Awww!" I pull her into another hug and squeeze her tightly. I never want to lose this. Never.

"Come on now, Hayley's waiting for you!" she says.

"Okay." I quickly grab my gold and cream purse that Hayley also bought for me and slip a few gold  bracelets on my arm and I'm ready to go.

I hold onto the banister rails tightly as I walk down the stairs in my killer heels as my mum scatters down the stairs in from of me to open the door. 

"I hope you have a lovely time, whatever you're doing!" mum says as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Thank you! I hope so too..." I say, giving my mum a kiss on the cheek.

As I step down outside the door, onto the porch, I nearly topple over into the bushes at the sight in front of me.

In front of me, at the end of my garden, parked at the side of the road, is a white stretched limousine and stood beside it are Hayley, Haydn, Will and Nick, holding a banner saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKLYN! 

"Oh my God!" I scream, besides being in heels for the first time, I run down the porch steps, down the garden out of the gate and throw myself at Hayley and the boys.

"Thank you so so so so so much!" I squeal, unable to contain my excitement.

"What for the banner? You're welcome! I made it." Nick says.

I giggle and playfully shove Nicks arm.

"Hayley you look gorgeous!" I say, admiring outfit. She's wearing her hair up in a tight bun, a short white dress with a light blue jean jacket and blue heels.

"Thank you! I got it from Yuvathi!" she says, winking at me.

I giggle.

I just noticed I haven't stopped giggling...

"Oh my God, guys come on! I want to see the inside!" I say excitedly. 

The driver slides opens the door. Did you hear that? It slides open. The boys get in first and then Hayley follows behind. I look back at the house and notice my mum's still standing there, grinning.

I wave at her and she waves back, shouting, "Have fun!"

I smile at the driver and get in the limousine and I am in literal shock. The interior is purple leather and on the floor and ceiling are colourful neon lights and on the right side of the limo is a huge boombox, a flat-screen TV and a minibar with refreshments and snacks.

I look around the room and for some reason it feels as though something is missing. I feel a pang of guilt when I notice it's Harry.

I notice everyone around me staring at me blankly, wondering why I'm not jumping up and down, screaming my head off.

"Oh my gosh, this is amazing!" I say, forcing the thought out of my mind.

"I know! It was so hard to keep it from you earlier today..." Hayley says, squeezing my hand.

"Here, have some juice." Will says, handing me a tall glass with pink liquid inside with a swirly straw.

"Juice?" I scoff, taking the glass.

"It's vodka, silly!" Hayley says, giggling. "Hand us one, will you?" she says to Will.

Will fills up 4 more glasses with the pink vodka and hands them out to everyone.

"How about some music?" Nick turns on the radio and suddenly Usher - DJ Got Us Falling In Love is bursting through the speakers.

Haydn moans to turn it down but Nick is too busy dancing, waving his arms up in the air, in his own little world and me and Hayley can't stop giggling.

I feel the vehicle jolt a bit and it tells me we're on a our way...

"Where are we going?" I shout over to the music to Hayley, before taking a sip of my drink.

IT TASTES AMAZING.

"I can't tell you!" she shouts back.

"But whyyyyyyy?"

"It's a surprise! Just enjoy it while it lasts!" she says.

"To Brooklyn finally admitting herself into being a fine, beautiful woman." Nick says, raising his glass proudly.

This makes me giggle uncontrollably.

"To Brooklyn!" everyone else renders, including me. We raise our glasses and chink them together and from that moment, I know that what ever happens, all I need is what I have and that is my true friends and a one hell of a crazy night to remember.