Chapter 29

Song for the chapter:

Eminem // Beautiful pain

Melody continues to stare blankly at the wall not making any moves to look at me or wipe the tears that have fallen from her eyes. My arm twitches toward her not wanting anything more than to wipe the tears away and cradle her in my arms in attempt to block all the bad shit out. But whenever I get close to her she moves away. I've been at this for an hour now: sitting at the edge of the bed staring at her, staring at the wall.

"Are you hungry?" I ask in attempt to start some kind of verbal communication. Her head twitches so slightly left to right. "Are you sure?" I ask. She doesn't reply, not even with a nod. I sigh, getting up from the bed for the first time in the past hour to get something to eat.

Despite Melody saying she didn't want anything to eat, I made her food anyway. I made us both a breakfast burrito. I ate mine in the kitchen before carrying Melody's into the room. Her eyes shift to me for a split second but she quickly returned her gaze to the wall.

"I, uh, made you a breakfast burrito. It's nearly 11:00, You need to eat something." Again, she doesn't say anything. I set the plate on the nightstand on the side of the bed and I took a seat next to her. This time she didn't make any attempt to move, or look at me. I took this opportunity to wrap my arms around her stomach and pull her to sit up against my chest. Again she made no attempt to move or even so much acknowledge me. She stayed limp in my arms.

"You'll be okay," I whisper in her ear. As soon as the last word left my mouth a strangled sob escapes her lips, and she turns her body so her head is on my chest and she grips my shirt in her hands holding on like her life depended on it. Seeing her in this state does numbers on me. I feel like a part of me is breaking as I watch her shader. I pull her closer to my chest as her sobs become more violent. I hold her tight, as she holds me.

In these situations it's better to not say anything just to make her feel protected, safe, cared for, and loved.

When she's laughing, or smiling I never really realize that she is so sad, despite how many jokes she laughs at, or how many times she smiles. She's never actually been happy. That hurts me, she's such an amazing person that deserves nothing less than to be happy.

I pull her impossible closer, and hold her tighter as she does the same to me. My heart is heavy with sadness, as I watch her struggle to catch her breath because of how hard she's crying. I hate it so much, I hate seeing her like this but what I hate the most is seeing her like this and feeling so useless because I can't do anything to stop it. Twenty minutes passed before I decide to break the silence. "Mel," I whisper into her hair. She sucks in a shakes breath. "Harry," her voice out small and weak. She's not crying as hard as she was, but she was still crying.

I sigh as I bring my hand to stroke her hair. "I-," I pause not really knowing what I was going to say.

"What do you call a fake noodle?" I feel her chest rumble with laughs. She sighs, "I don't know what do they call them, Harry?" her voice clear with humor. I smile, happy that I got her to at least smile. "An Impasta," this time I couldn't help the laugh that past through my lips. Her laugh soon joined mine. Our laughs died down a couple seconds later. I continued playing in her hair for the next five minutes. She finally sits up, loosing my grip on her so she can sit up. My hands were still on her waist as she looked at me. Her eyes looked so tired, and pained. She was opening her mouth to speak before our heads snapped to the door at the sound of knocking. "Hold on," I speak quietly. I make my way to the front door, as soon as I reach it I open it.

"Mum!?"

***

AHH ITS MY BDAY! well ina couple hours haha!

BUT THANK YOU GUYS FOR 100k! THATS INSANE!! I love you!!!!

ah it's so hot! Well, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Follow me & Melody on twitter! I love it so much when you guys interact with me!
So:
-Mxkhala
-Melodyreedx

I'll be posting on Mel's acc today journal entries & edits!

stay strong my beautiful flowers xx

VOTE. COMMENT. SMILE.