Chapter 2

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING XO

Its finally Friday. I haven't tried talking to melody since Monday. But today I plan to change that.

It's not that I'm interested in her or anything, the whole relationship shit isn't my thing. It's just something about her that draws me in. I think it's because she's so mysterious. The day I saw her being brought out on the stretcher still replays in my mind I can't help but wonder what happened.

She's the mysterious girl who is self contained, quiet, with an intriguing aura, that draws you in even if you know she is trying so very hard to do the opposite, making you question and think even more about her. Where does she come from? What is she hiding? Why is she purposely avoiding anyone at all to keep to herself?

I pull in into my parking spot in the school parking lot. I stepped outside into the frigid air and felt the cold seep into my body chilling my bones. I exhaled and watched my breath turn the cold morning air white

Thankfully I didn't park to far from the school entrance.

***

As I walk Into first period, Melody is already in her seat. Her crystal blue eyes dart to the door and lands on my mine the second our eyes meet she immediately looks away.

I sigh.

I maneuver my way through the desks over to my seat and the late bell rings meaning class is about to start.

Mrs. McElroy starts to explain what we're going to do today but my mind wonders off.

Why won't she talk to me? Why won't she even look at me?

I come back to reality when I hear Mrs. McElroy talking about a project we have to do.

"I want you guys to create Hieroglyphics pictures that represent the vocabulary words." Says Mrs McElroy.

There's a few grunts and groans throughout the class

"But you guys may work with a partner."

As soon as she those words left her mouth, everyone get out of their seats rushing to their friends.

Jennifer makes her way over to me.

Jennifer is the school known slut. She's so annoying. I mean yeah I've fucked her a couple times but I was drunk off my ass. It didn't mean shit.

"Hey haarrrry" she says whilst biting her lip I guess she's trying to be sexy its everything but 'sexy'.

"What do you want?" I ask coldly.

"You want to be partners? I bet we can have a lot of fun" she says with a wink.

She's so gross.

"No thanks" I say annoyance clear in my voice.

"But were the last two people in class without partners? so I don't think you have a choice" she says with a smirk.

I look over to melody she has her head down writing down in what looks like a journal.

"Actually I think I'm going to work with melody" I say returning a smirk.

Melody looks up at me with a confused look.

"Why would you want to work with that weirdo?" she say with disgust laced in her words.

Melodys head shoots up, I see tears in her eyes but she quickly blinks them away and looks back down to continue writing in her journal.

"Fuck off Jennifer" I say.

"Whatever have fun with that bitch" she says rolling her eyes dramatically.