Chapter 10

I'm awaken by the sound of my phone alarm going off loudly. I groan equally as loud, feeling around on the bed until my hand is met with my phone. I slide the screen silencing my phone. I groan aloud again before I roll out of bed. I walk into the living room to see a peacefully sleeping Melody. She nearly passed out last night, after her little confession so I didn't get to ask or get into any detail about it. I make my way over to Melody and shake her slightly. "Melody, Melody," I say softly. Her eyes start to twitch, and she blinks a few times before she fully opens her eyes. "Morning," I say, smiling.

"Good morning," she replies her voice is a little deeper then usual due to her just waking up; It's really hot actually. She smiles at me showing off her perfect teeth, and smile. I wish she would smile more, her smile truly is breathtaking. I shake my head to rid of my sappy thoughts.

"I can take you back to your place so you can get ready, for school," I suggest.

She nods and smiles, but her smile drops and she shakes her head. "Uh, Um, No," I cut her off. "Melody, I'm taking you to your place. It's not a big deal, it's okay." She gives me a worried look but finally agrees.

***

"Take a left at the next light," Melody says. I nod and do as she says. She gives me directions until we stop at a brown, medium sized house.

She turns her head to face me " Thank you, Harry, for the ride and these past couple days. I appreciate it," she says giving me one last smile before getting out of the car walking toward the house.
She check behind her and notices I'm still here. "You can go, I-I have to Um water the grass. I'll have my mom take me to school. Thank you though, again, for waiting,"

"Oh okay, And you're welcome Mel." Was the last thing I said before driving off.

***

It's now Friday. Two days since I dropped Melody off. Two days since I last had a real conversation with her. Yeah, we've exchanged "his'" and byes" but we haven't actually talked. She's been extremely distant and has been a bit off.

Thursday, the day I dropped her off she came into fist period almost twenty minutes late. She avoided eye contact with me, she avoided me altogether actually. I tried to stop her after class to ask if she was okay. But she quickly shrugged me off telling me that she was just tired even though I knew that was a lie. I decided against pressing for more information so I just let her be.

Today, she walked in looking completely drained dark blue bags under her blood shot red eyes. She looks like hasn't slept in days her eyes have lost the little bit of light they had gained in the last few days, now they're back to looking just as lifeless as they did when I first met her.

I again tried to talk to her after class but she simply said she was just tired, and that she couldn't talk because she was going to be late to class, another bullshit excuse. I haven't seen her since.

I want to ask her if she wants to come to grab lunch or something with me after school. The school lunch is shit and I don't feel like cooking. Just as on cue I see her little brown bun sticking out over the mess of teenagers trying to get the hell out of this hell hole. As her eyes land on mine I wave her over to me. When she's in hearing distance i greet her, "hey, Mel," I say cheerfully.

She just waves, forcing a smile.

"Uh, I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to lunch or something with me?"

" I don't know Harry," she says looking down "I'm really tired, I just want to go home."

"Pleaseeee," I beg playfully pouting my lip and batting my eyes. She chuckles at my childishness.