Chapter 12

Songs for the chapter:

Demi Lovato // Lightweight

Beyoncé // Halo

Christina Perri // Human
(Song suggestion from dramagirl023, thank you!)

Kelly Clarkson // Dark Side

Nicki Minaj // Fly

Chapter 12

Melody is still crying into my chest. She isn't shaking or crying as bad as she was twenty minutes ago.

We still haven't said anything to each other, but I doubt she would want to talk right now so I just stayed quiet, arms still wrapped around her, occasionally stroking her hair and whispering comforting words.

"C-can we go, Harry?" Melody asks, her voice coming out muffled and weak.

"Yea, of course," I reply, letting go of her. Placing my hand at the small of her lower back guiding her out of the forest and into my car.

"Where do you want to go?" I ask once we're both in the car. "Can I come back t-to your place?" She asks her voice sounds so, broken, she looks so broken.

"Yeah." I say, relived. I don't want to leave her alone. Especially after this

The drive back to my house took fifteen minutes, and again the car ride was spent in silence. By now the sun was just beginning to set, the scarlet sky was spread out across the sky like crimson blood smeared smoothly over a large canvass, as the sun slowly sank behind the landscape. Eventually the dimming sun was tucked away behind the clouds. The clouds floated by in soft cotton like puffs of pink and the sky became darker The sun drowned in the horizon, it's rays of light glimmering in the darkness of the clouds faded and the pale moon peeked at us from the stars.

Finally I pull into my garage, Melody is the first one to get out, I follow close behind her. I unlock the door, taking the lead, leading her inside. I feel around against the wall until I find the light switch, flicking it on. I turn around to face Melody, she was closer then I thought our bodies about a mere six inches apart. She craved to be comforted, held, an cared for right now, hinting why she was so close to me.

I bring my hand to her lower back pulling her into a hug, she quickly wraps her arms around my waist. I remove one hand from her back a stroke her hair before pressing a long kiss onto the to the top of her head into her slightly tangled hair.

"Are you okay?" I dumbly ask, I know she's not okay but that just seemed like the thing to ask.

She shakes her head no, as I expected.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? Tired?"

She looks up at me, and gives me a small side smile showing off her beautiful dimple before leaning on her tippy toes, and pecking my cheek. The kiss was a short, simple peck but it held so much meaning. She returns to her normal height, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment, I'm guessing.

I smiled so big it hurt. I know it wasn't a lot but she's tring, thats all that reallt matters. I'm breaking down her walls little by little this barrier that is keeping the real Melody hidden from the world.

Then I realize we're still in the doorway.

"Come on," I whisper leading her into the living room. She takes a seat on the couch next to me. The next ten minutes is spent in silence. We both know that we need to talk we just don't know how to start this conversation.

"My mom is dead," she whispers

What?

"What?"