Chapter Seven

Louise was feeling numb with her connection with Mike. Yet Mike was desperately trying to make her smile. But her quietness of her condition was just too much to bear. After she was released from hospital she was advised to visit her local doctor and see a councillor every month. Louise had no idea how to break the news to Mike.

Instead of facing Mike, Louise went straight to work. She knew she would have plenty to catch up on. As she arrived, Grace was surprised to see her so suddenly. “Louise is everything alright? Did you escape hospital?”

Louise laughed, “No, I was allowed to leave. I just wanted to come by to catch up on what I missed. Are you free to have a brief meeting to discuss the past events?”

Grace filled Louise in about everything. Louise felt relieved that nothing major had come up during her leave and that no one acted in her role while she was gone.

Louise’s final question was the hardest. “How did Ray take the news?” she asked.

“He told me to contact him as soon as you came in.”

“Okay, please call him now.”

Louise went into her office and checked her mobile, there was one missed call from Mike. Mike had probably discovered the truth that she left the hospital and did not go home. He would be furious. Louise ignored the call and placed her phone on silent.

Louise heard a knock on her office door and Scary Ray entered the room. 'That was quick she thought,' as it had literally been five minutes since Grace called him. He walked straight to her desk with his large demeanour. Louise stood up and walked to the front of her desk. “Louise, you look frail, are you sure you should be working so soon?” he said in a soft voice.

“Ray, I was released from hospital an hour ago. I am so sorry for not being here at work the past few days. I really appreciate you leaving my position open until I was well enough to come back.”

Ray stepped in close to Louise; they were only a foot apart. He placed his hands on her shoulders. “Louise this position is yours, I would not give it away so freely.” His hands were large and comforted Louise. Louise was starting to lose her balance, but he held her tightly.

He lifted her chin to look into her sea-blue eyes and bent his head down kissing her sweet lips. Louise did not stop him, her heart pounded as his full body caressed her. They walked over to the lounge and continued kissing passionately. She began unbuttoning his shirt to uncover his manly chest. She rubbed her hands all over his body. He began lifting her blouse over her head, kissing each part of her body fondly. After moments of pleasure they made love on the couch.

When they finally stopped from exhaustion, Ray spoke first. “Louise that was mind blowing.” Louise hurriedly put on her clothes. Ray grabbed her hand, “What’s the rush?” he asked. 

“Do you remember Mike, my husband, he is probably wondering where I am. I should probably get back.”

“Louise wait, if I don’t say this now, I don’t think I ever will. From the moment I first met you, I fell in love with you. My love has grown over the years. I want you by my side. You need a man that can look after you, comfort you. When you went to the hospital I was terrified, I could not lose you. You are my all.” Ray pulls Louise in for a big hug and holds her tight. “Please stay with me tonight. I need you with me. You bring breath into my being.”

Louise didn’t let go of his tight embrace. She looked innocently up at him and whispered, “But I was terrified of you.”

“I know, I am sorry, but I could not show you my real feelings. I had to hide them. Come on Louise; come out to dinner with me tonight? Or why not come home with me?”