Chapter 16: Se Do De

Sean’s POV:

I sat at the table with my leg jumping nervously. Micah left me a message letting me know they’d made it but it wasn’t until I spotted Micah’s familiar smile and heard Declan’s laughter did I start to relax. Standing from my chair I opened my arms and hugged Micah hard. It felt like I hadn’t seen them in years.

                “Thanks for coming.” I said meaning every word. Just their presence made everything seem so much better.

                “You know you don’t have to thank us. You needed us so we came.” Micah said pulling back from out hug. Turning to Declan I hugged him then we all sat down at the table.

                “So where is he?” Declan asked before taking a sip of his water.

                “Who?” I asked. Rolling his eyes he placed his glass down and chewed the bits of ice in his mouth.

                “My brother.” He said. Even though it was slight I still shivered at the thought of him.

                “I don’t really know where he is. All I have is Katlin’s phone number. Its how I can get in touch with them.” I said.  Between the two of them I don’t know who looked more surprised Micah or Declan. They looked to each other then to me before looking back to one another. Shaking his head Micah scooted up in his chair. He looked like he was trying to figure out the square root of three billion and ninety-two.

                “How did you get that? This is what I don’t understand, what is she doing here?” Micah asked confused.

                “She said they bumped into one another by chance. She told me about her life in North Charleston and that’s where they met. She came him to help McClane open a line of communication with me and also to apologize for her behavior back in high school. “I said. Shaking his head Declan sat back in his chair.

                “I don’t mean to be rude but what the fuck?! Are you sure that was Katlin Mitchell? The last time I saw Katlin she wasn’t really in her right mind…if she has a right mind.” Declan said in disbelief. Nodding my head I tried to keep the grin off my face.

                “Yeah I’m sure. I mean she wasn’t wearing all the makeup like she use to and she was dressed in clothes that actually fit her but it’s her. She said that she’s been in rehab getting sober so maybe this is who the real Katlin is.” I said really trying to explain what I’d seen with my own eyes.

                “I don't trust it. The fact she showed up out of the blue with McClane makes me even more suspicious.” Micah muttered rubbing his fingers along his jaw.

“She's not the same girl we saw being dragged out of our senior prom by her father and security. She's mellowed out over these four years... she actually seems human.” I said ignoring the doubt in their eyes.

“I'll believe it when I see it.” Micah said cutting his eyes away to the passing strangers on the street. Looking to Declan I tried to get him to help me but he just shook his head. Giving up I sat back in my chair and shut my mouth. After a minute of silence Declan pushed his glass away and leaned forward onto the table top.

“Okay enough about Katlin what happened when you saw my brother?” He asked. Images of that night kept flashing through my head. I could feel the panic from that moment clouding my mind. Keeping my face neutral I shifted in my chair.

“Nothing really happened. I walked into the bar with Dover I was expecting we’d grab a beer… then I saw him across the room. It felt like I was under water or something, I couldn’t breathe. I started panicking when he came over. I could hear my conscious screaming ‘RUN!’ but I couldn’t move… All he said was hi… and all I think about was waking that morning alone in his bed. I ran and tried to leave in the jeep but I couldn’t function.