Chapter 34: MSD

McClane’s POV:

I was in the middle of dragging my mattress down the stairs when I saw a car pull up into the drive way. Pausing I stared at it hard.

                ‘This better not be Sasha again.’ I thought letting the mattress drop from my fingers. Going to the window I pulled the curtain back and waited for the door to open. When it did I was surprised to see Dover’s face. In an instant my heart stopped.

                ‘Oh my God… Sean.’ I thought going to the front door. I almost yanked it off its hinges to get outside. I damn near tripped over the hedges trying to get to his car.

                “What happened?!” I yelled as he came around the car. Pausing he looked at me then back at the car.

                “Huh?” He asked. Grabbing him by the shoulders I shook him hard.

                “Is he alright?” I asked out of breath.

                “Who?” Dover asked.

                “SEAN!” I yelled frantic. I watched Dover’s eyes widen then the blood drain from his face.

                “Something’s wrong with Sean?” He asked his voice cracking a bit. Letting him go I gave him a ‘duh’ face.

                “Isn’t that the reason why you’re here?” I asked a bit annoyed. Frowning Dover took a step back shaking his head.

                “No, that’s not why I’m here.” He said. We both stood there staring at each other with no clue as to what was going on.

                “Okay if you’re not here to tell me Sean’s been in some horrific accident why are you here?” I asked exasperated. Looking to his shoes Dover cleared his throat then extended his hand.

                “I’m here because Sean wanted me to get to know you as a friend. He asked me to let bygones be bygones so I drove up here to do just that.” He said as he lifted his face his eyes connecting with mine. I stood there staring at Dover trying to decide whether or not he was crazy.

“Are you serious?” I asked. Nodding Dover continued to hold his hand out for me to take. Looking to it I turned back to the house and headed inside.

“I would shake your hand but I may be infected with some kind of disease so let me wash up first.” I said over my shoulder. When I reached the threshold of the house I turned to see Dover still standing near his car.

“Well come on.” I said disappearing inside. Going to the mattress I wrestled it into the empty dining room and headed for the kitchen. Turning on the tap I started to wash my hands when Dover appeared at the door.

“If you’re busy I can come back later.” He said noting the balled up comforters on the floor.

“Nah… I could use the distraction.” I said pulling a paper towel from the roll. He stood there watching me as I dried my hands and tossed it into the trash. Turning to him I motioned to the fridge.

“I don’t have anything but water and juice.” I said. Shaking his head he ran his fingers through his shorten hair.

“I could really use a beer.” He said. I knew what he meant. For a second I thought the worse had happened. Juice and water wouldn’t be able to help me the way beer could.

“I know a joint not too far from here. First round is on me.” I said plucking my shirt from the back of a chair. As I pulled it on I kicked the comforters out the way and grabbed my keys from the table near the front door.