Chapter 47: MDSDLG

McClane's POV:

Lying in bed I stared at the ceiling trying to figure out what to do about this Sean and Scott situation. I mean do I confront them or do I try to get one of them alone and pump information out of them. I need to know how in the hell this happened. It's been all I can think about since arriving here at the Cynthia Vineyards.

                'There is no way this is going to end well for me.' I thought pushing the comforter away to climb out of bed.

                'You never know. Sean and Scott could have stumbled upon each other… they probably didn't even make the connection. You're worrying over nothing.' My conscience said. That's true. What are the odds of Sean figuring out who Scott really is?

                "Besides if Scott was going to out me he would have done it in the parking lot before we left. He wants a clean slate and who am I to deny him that?" I said to myself as I headed for the bathroom. Turning on the water I pulled my toothbrush and toothpaste out.

                'I have nothing to worry about.' I thought as I started brushing my teeth. Even though I was convinced everything would be alright I couldn't shake this feeling that maybe it wasn't true.

Dover's POV:

I've never been to Cynthia's Vineyard. Just the scenery alone was breath taking. I stood with Sean and Kate on my balcony as we watched Troy and Scott down having breakfast together.

                "How did you manage this?" Kate whispered. Grinning Sean pointed to me.

                "It was Dover's idea. He said the best way to get to know someone is over breakfast. I told them I'd join them for breakfast then waited. After about twenty minutes I called and said I couldn't make it I was on the phone with my base commander." Sean giggled.

                "Of course they bought it so that forced them to have some together alone time." I finished.

                "They do look good together." Kate sighed as she leaned against the railing watching them with dreamy eyes.

                "It reminds me of one of those old romance movies… they should go driving together… maybe have a picnic packed for them or something… oh, tell them to meet us one place but send them another so that they can be alone… the classic switcheroo." Kate said excitedly. Looking to me Sean's brows raised a bit as his eyes got bright.

                "That's a good idea… let me go make a call." Sean said before disappearing inside. Looking to me Kate bumped my shoulder. When I turned to face her she wore a thoughtful look on her face.

                "What's going on with you two?" She whispered. What was going on with Sean and I? Shrugging my shoulders took a seat on the wooden bench behind us.

                "He asked me here to help him with Troy and Scott but in reality I think he asked me here to figure out which one of us he really wants. He said McClane and I are in the undecided category and I guess this trip will decide which one of us moves on the next next round." I said. She stood there quiet for a moment before taking a seat next to me on the bench.

                "Okay… let me ask you a question. What would you do if he chose McClane?" There was the million dollar question. In my head I knew what I'd do. I'd let Sean go. I wouldn't be that guy in the background doing all he could to mess things up for them. I would man up and let Sean go be with the one he chose. But in my heart I would die… I would die but I would survive.