Chapter 45: STKS

Sean's POV:

It didn't take long to find me a decent apartment I could afford. I stood in the middle of Rooms-For-Sale staring at all the crap there was to buy for a home. The sales girl Chastity was actually the one making all the decision for me. I'd never bought furniture in my life so I didn't know where to start. My parents said I could take my bedroom suite with me so I that's one room in my apartment I didn't have to worry about. It was everything else that was… hinky.

                "You look lost and confused." Someone said behind me. Turning from the paint swatches I came face to face with Troy.

                "Hey man!" I said hugging him tightly.

                "Hey yourself… I'm glad to see you up and about… you had us worried for a while." He said. There was a haunted look that came into eyes for a second but in a blink of an eye it was gone.

                "Yeah… sorry about that but I'm back and better than ever. What are you doing here?" I asked.

                "Trying to pick out some living room furniture for my house… ever since I retired from Quantum Technologies I've been able to move back home which my mother loves, I've been slowly fixing up my place and just trying to readjust to life." He said. He looked different. It was like what happened over there took some of the light from his eyes. There was still a piece of Troy still stuck there.

                "If you ever need to talk… I'm here… hell I'm actually twenty minutes away from this store." I said.

                "Your parent's house isn't twenty minutes away, you're at least forty-five minutes away." Troy chuckled.

                "My parents are forty-five minutes but my apartment is only twenty. I moved out and got my own place. I'm on Monroe across from Dill." I said.

                "No shit, I'm on Portland." He laughed.

                "We're literally three minutes from each other." I said.

                "I'd love to see your apartment." Troy said. Before I could respond Chastity appeared with another book of furniture to look through.

                "I found this book for you to browse through." She said placing the heavy book on the fragile looking podium. Glancing to Troy and I shook my head in defeat. I have no problem with going into a war zone guns a blazing but when it come to picking out furniture I'm ready to surrender.

                "Okay Chastity let's be honest with ourselves. I have no clue as to what I'm doing. You know it and I know it. I think the best thing for the both of us is for me to step back and let you do what you do. You know my budget and what I'm looking for. I trust you completely… do your magic." I said. Chastity swallowed hard then wiped her trembling palms on her thighs.