Chapter 23

Charlie's POV

I took a deep breathe and walked up to Jack. I thought it through and I know who I'm supposed to be with. I just hope it won't hurt the other one. I would hate for any of them to hate me even though he has every right to be.

"Jack," I called. He whipped around and saw me. He gave me a small smile which I returned hesitantly.

"Ya said ya needed ta talk,"

"Yeah," I don't know how to say this. How do people even say this to eachother. So, I figured I'm just gonna start with the truth. I took his hand and lead him to sit down. "Look-"

"I know."

"What?" I asked utterly confused. He knew? What? How?

"I know ya ah breakin' up wit me. I just want ta know one thin', though. Why? Did I do somethin'?" he asked with a sad expression spread on his face.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. It's just..."

"Just tell me da truth. Ya don't need ta sugar coat it," he said and I mentally thanked him for it. He was making this so much easier.

"I've liked someone since the beginning and then I gave up on it 'cause I thought he didn't like me. Then you came and I thought I liked you and he found out we were together so he told me how he really felt. Then I thought it over and now I know that I don't like you the way you like me. I just had to tell you because it would be really mean if I just lead you on, so I'm sorry." I ramble getting everything out. I let out a deep breathe happy that it's finally out. He looked down at his hands and then back up at me. "So, can we just stick to being friends?" I asked.

"Of course. Ya might not like me like dat, but I still love ya an' if things don't work out, I'll be dere for ya." he pulled me in for a hug. I pulled away and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you. You made this so much easier."

"No problem," he grabbed my hand and we started walking back to the lodging house. "Now,tell me, who is dis lucky guy?" he continued.

"Are you sure you want to know?" I asked. He nodded.

"Race." I said slowly.

"Oh, so me best friend stabbed me in da back." I gave him a look. "I'm kiddin'," I laughed at him which he soon joined in.

....

"Race, can I talk to you?" I asked  him as he won yet another round against the boys.

"Yeah," he replied and followed me up the stairs after telling the boys not to touch his winnings. We sit on his bed since I have the top bunk above Rosie.

"So, what did ya want ta talk 'bout?" he asked after a couple of minutes of just sitting around in silence.

"I broke up with Jack," I tell him. I looked up at him and he just stared back at me. He leaned closer aand I met him half way knowing what he was doing. I got the wonderful feeling of his lips on mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and did the same. He turned his head to deepen the kiss and a simple kiss elevated to a full-on make-out session. I pulled lightly on the ends of his hair. We pulled away to catch our breathes and we both smiled at each other.

"So, Charlie, will ya be my goil." he asked with a smile.

"I don't know. I'll have to think about it." I teased. I pulled him in for a short kiss and pulled away again. "Yes." He smiled and pulled me in for another kiss.

I'm glad everything turned out fine. Everyone is happy, well I don't know about Jack, but he will move on. He will find someone else. And he'll fall hopelessly in love deeper than he was with me. But I do know one thing, everything balances out. Nothing is all good and nothing is all bad. And with that in mind, and many of people that I love in different ways than others by my side, I'm prepared for what's next. I'm not scared. I'm not nervous. I'm excited because everything will balance out.

A-N- Yay! That was the end of Charlie's love story! I hope you all enjoyed that part and will continue reding because next is Rosie! Please comment and vote! Thank you all! Love you all!