Chapter 22

Mabel's POV

Spot and I walked further into Brooklyn. We walked to their lodging house hand in hand. Hopefully all the boys are asleep. He lead me into one of the private rooms and we layed down. The bed was small, but big enough for the both of us. I cuddled up to his side as his arm wrapped around me. I could only hear Spot's breathing and his steady heartbeat. I felt so lucky laying in his arms. Whenever I'm with him, I never feel alone. I never feel lost. I never feel afraid. I feel safe in his arms.  I hope he really meant what he said because I meant everything I said.

"Did you really mean it?" I asked as curiousity got the best of me.

"Yeah, every woid." he said softly while his finger drew small shapes on my arm. "Did you mean what you said?" he asks me back.

"Every word." I repeated what he said. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I pushed further. He waited a couple of minutes before he replied.

"I was scared and noivous. I didn't know what ya reaction would be," he simply replied.

"I make the fearless Spot Conlon nervous?" I teased as he chuckles a little bit.

"Only you." he kissed the top of my head. We stayed there with my head on his chest as we both breathed in and out until I spoke up again.

"So many people come in and out of my life and I don't want you to be just one of those people. I want you to stay. Will you stay?"

"Of course. I'm neva leavin'. I'll have ta be dragged away an' not too many people would want ta mess wit me," I smile at his response. When everything goes out of control, I know he'll be there. I know he'll try to help. And I'll try do the same for him. We were just enjoying this moment while it lasted. And I never want it to end.

Spot's POV

I just want ta hold her da whole night. I want her ta know dat she's all mine an' everythin' is alright. I want her ta stay an' neva leave. I want ta spend every moment I can wit her. We both know dis is da way it's supposed ta be. I want her ta be safe. I know I might not always be there. But I do always need ta make sure she's okay. I notice dat she fell asleep an' I close me own eyes knowin' I should get some sleep too. I slowly fall asleep wit only one thing on me mind.

Charlie's POV

I layed in bed wishing everything was easier. I'm torn between two great guys that make me happy and I can't seem to choose. I've liked Race ever since we came here, but then I tried to forget and Jack came in. Then once I think I'm over Race, he comes back in tells me he likes me too. Everything is just so confusing and I can't wrap my head around it. Part of me wants to pick Race. The other part wants to be with Jack.

I see everyone else is already asleep, but I layed awake thinking about them both. I know I shouldn't just lay around and guess who likes who, but I don't know who I like. Sure, I like both. Even though I am now doubting my feelings for Jack. These feelings only came when he said he likes me, so I don't know if he is just a rebound for me. Are these feelings for Jack love? Or are we just friends?

A-N- Hey! Can you check out my one-shots if you hadn't already? I'm working really hard on them so that's probably why my updating has been slow. If you have, thank you! Please comment and vote! Thank you all! Love you all!