Chapter 1

I woke up in Manhattan to the sounds of birds chirping. Another day; another city. I look around the alley that we previously took comfort in to sleep. The roads were already buzzing with life and my 'sisters' are still sleeping. We aren't related, but we treat each other like sisters, so I call them sisters. They are the closest thing to family I've got along with them. We all used to have families, but you know the story. Our parents either died or left us. But we've moved on. Two thirds of us moved on...

We came to Manhattan in search for the Newsies. Word got around that girls could become Newsies and I'd rather be one than to be stuck in an orphanage. So, here we are.

I turned to the other two and tried to shake them awake.

"Bell, Rosie, get up," I said to them as I fixed my suspenders.

"Are we there yet?" Rosie asked as we all walked out of the alley.

"I'm not sure..." I looked around in search of the Pulitzer building. We walked a little bit further down the road. After a couple of minutes we found what we were looking for. Next to the building was a gate with a sign that read 'Newsies' Lounge.' We all exchanged looks and walked closer. As we neared the gate, we heard laughter and shouts from the boys inside. And for once in my life, I didn't know what to do.

We walked inside. Bell stuck close behind me and Rosie to my side. As we got closer to where the noises were, we heard someone shout to us.

"Well, good aftanoon ladies. How can we help ya?" A tall boy asked us. He got closer to us as I looked around the area. There were boys rolling dice, smoking, laughing, and talking all around us. As they heard the other boy's voice, they turned their heads towards us.

"Um... Are you guys the Newsies?" I asked a rather stupid question. Of course they are the Newsies.

"Yeah. And you are?"

"Charlie. This is Rosie and this is Bell," I said gesturing to both of them. Rosie waved being the energetic person she is and Bell inched her way from behind me to the side of me.

"Well, I'm Jack. And this is Race." He replied gesturing to the boy that was now next to him. They held out their hands which Rosie and I shook.

"Now, how can we help ya?" Jack asked us.

"We heard about the Newsies and we thought that we would check it out." I said. Jack looked at me questioningly at us first but it quickly softened.

"Well then, welcome to the Newsies."

A-N- How was that? I just did a little thing. I will do more! I've been thinking about this idea a lot so sorry I haven't updated "An Ocean Between Us." I am also thing about doing some 5SOS Song Preferences. I finished all my finals and I only have a week until I'm totally done with school! So I will be one here 24/7 so talk to me! I will be alone and bored because this is the only app that lets me socialize on the internet..... I have overprotective parents.... Thank you! Vote, Comment, and Read!!!!! Love you all!!