Chapter 19

Mabel's POV

I woke up earlier than usual. Today was a Sunday so I didn't have to sell papers. I got up, quietly got ready, and walked out, not thinking twice. I kept on walking until I couldn't anymore. I just needed to leave. I needed to get out of there. Images of Spot and that girl burned my mind. All I could think about was him. And it- her. My blood was boiling with anger. Was this all a joke? Was that some sick game? It must've been. Everything seemed so real. I thought I actually knew him. I thought I could've met the real Spot. The Spot hiding under his tough exterior.

I was wrong.

I looked around and didn't recognize where I was. I don't care. I went into a nearby alley and sat down against a brick wall. I brought my knees to my chest and started to cry. I don't care if any one sees. I don't care if something bad happens. Something bad already happened. I felt betrayed. We weren't even together. I just thought that he liked me. I just thought that we would end up together. I feel humiliated. I gathered all the courage in me and tried to go tell him how I actually felt, but I guess she beat me to it. I feel stupid for actually thinking we had something. I feel like he just used me. Yeah, we kissed. I bet it meant nothing to him. And now he means nothing to me.

I sat in that alley way for God knows how long before I decided it was time to leave. I wiped away the tears that had fallen. I tried to make it look like I wasn't crying with no such luck. I stood up and straightened out my shirt. I stepped out of the alleyway and started walking further and further away hoping it was the right way. I now know that I have no sense of direction as I looked around once more and realizing I have gotten myself totally lost.

I wouldn't be lost if it wasn't for Spot.

Everything is his fault. I know that blaming everything on him gets me nowhere. And thinking of Spo- you know who gets me nowhere, too. Thinking of that thing and the other thing is just getting me more sad and heartbroken. I have to stop thinking of him. I can't just think about what could've been all day. I need to stop thinking about him.

I walked around a bit trying to get my mind off of Spo- things. I stopped and actually saw what was going on. I saw people in a hurry to get to their destination. I saw children running around and laughing while they play. I saw people just admiring the world around them like I am doing now. There are so many things happening all around me and I never stop to just watch the day flow by.

I got back to the lodging house later that day after searching for what felt like hours as the sun began to set. I got ready for bed and tried to fall asleep a bit earlier than usual. My mind seemed to shift to him as my eyelids began to get heavier. I've been able to stop thinking about him until now. But I'm not trying to push him out of my mind. I think about his blue eyes that seem to put me in a trance every time he looks my way. I think about his touch the way it shoots electricity through my body and shivers up my spine. I think about the simple kiss we had and how it made the butterflies roam in my stomach. I think about how his arm fits perfectly around me like we are meant to be.

And I think about how it was just a lie.

Charlie's POV

I woke and looked around seeing everyone was asleep. I closed my eyes and tried to got back to bed. But I couldn't. I got out of bed knowing I would probably get bored or end up waking someone up. I started walking away and climbed to the roof and sat down staring up at he sky.

"Hey," someone whispered scaring me half to death. I jumped a little and turned around to see who it was.

"Hey, you scared me." I told Jack as he walk closer.

"What are ya doin' up hea?" he asked.

"I couldn't sleep. What are you doing up here?"

"I heard ya get up an' curiosity led me ta ya." He said. He walked closer. The full moon barely lit the roof. He sat down on the ground next to me and looked out to the city. We were sitting rather close to the ledge. The view from here was so pretty. It was a clear night so you could see all the stars and the moon.

"It's so pretty," I broke the silence. I leaned my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me.

"Yeah," he agreed looking out at the city. He kissed the top of my head and leaned his head against mine. I pulled away and gave him a real kiss on the lips. He pulls me closer so I'm sitting on him. My fingers find their way to his hair where they get tangled. We pull away for a brief moment before kissing again. He turns his head to the side to deepen the kiss as I tighten my grip around his neck and then go back to his hair. We pull away after what felt like hours and try to catch our breathes. We stare at each other as he smiles and I smile back. I climb off his lap and leaned my head on his shoulder once more. We get back to our original position with his head on mine and stared at the stars.