Chapter 7

Bell's POV

Spot and I shared awkward glances while Skittery held onto me. Charlie was laughing at something Race said. I have never seen her happier than when she is with Race. I know that she likes him. I just hope he feels the same.

"So ah you two tagetha?" Spot asked Race and Charlie. Anyone could sense that. Just by the way they act around each other.

"No,"

"No. Just friends. Nothin more." Race finishes. I saw Charlie's smile fade. It was replaced by a fake smile that could fool anyone. She's good at masking her feelings. But I know her. I know how she really feels and she wishes Race and her are more than friends.

"Oh, sorry den. People make mistakes." Spot apologized. He was being a little dramatic about a small mixup, but I could tell the last part wasn't about Charlie and Race. He directed it to me.

"Well some mistakes are unforgivable," I fired back.

"People deserve a second chance,"

"Yeah, but not a third."

"Sometimes thirds are okay."

"And sometimes it isn't." I finished. We stared at each other for a moment before he stormed off. Race and Charlie stood there awkwardly while Skittery was wondering what just happened. I rolled my eyes and walked out of Tibby's with Skittery right behind me. I am going to have to tell him. Now. I can't wait any longer.

"Care ta tell me what just 'appened?" Skittery asked me when we were out of Tibby's. I exhaled a breathe I didn't know I was holding and looked at the ground.

"Do you remember when Spot came to talk to me?" I asked and he nodded. I continued. "Well, he also wanted me to meet him at the Brooklyn Bridge that night and I did." I looked up at him and saw his jaw clench. He was angry. No doubt about that. "That night, we talked and he kissed me. And I kind of kissed back for only a second. Then I walked away and I've been trying to avoid him knowing it was nothing and thinking it could just all go away. But it's not. And I know I should've came to you and told you, but I was scared. I didn't want this relationship to end because it means too much to me." I looked up at him. I tried to make it not sound so bad, but by the way Skittery looked, I knew it didn't work. His eyes held so much pain and anger. He didn't say anything which frightened me more.

"So ya went behind me back to meet the guy who was terrible to ya and kissed 'im?" Skittery asked and I slowly nodded. "I need ta think." he turned around and started to walk away but I grabbed his wrist. My vision was blurred with tears because I knew he was leaving me.

"No, please don't leave. I'm so sorry." I said wiping away a stray tear. He ripped his hand away and left. I watched him as he walked father and farther away. Tears streamed down my face and all I could do was stand there frozen. He's gone...

....

I just lied there. I didn't know what to do with myself. I ruined the only good thing in my life. It was night time but I couldn't sleep. Skittery hasn't come back yet. I was worried about Skittery and sad and angry and frustrated with myself. I was happy, and I ruined it.
'I ruined everything.' I kept on repeating in my head.
Rosie and Charlie had no idea what was happening. And frankly I'd like to keep it that way. I don't want any attention from them that I know I will receive if I told them. I just want to be alone.