Chapter XVII

Y/n's POV

I had no idea where we were going, ya know, since she wouldn't tell me. "Dinah," I whined.

"Yes my love," she answered.

"Where are we going? The suspense is killing me."

"Really?" She glanced at me. "Cuz you seem alive to me."

I glared at her. "You know what I mean."

"Do I? Do I really?"

I punched her shoulder. "Shut up." The car ride fell silent so I turned on the radio. What do ya know, I hear Dinah's voice.

Flex, time to impress
Come and climb in my bed
Don't be shy, do your thing
It's all in my head

I laughed at the line and she shoved me. "Shut up," she laughed with me.

"You know I've never actually heard any of your songs before. Time for that to change!" I whipped out my phone, went to YouTube, and typed in Fifth Harmony.

"No please don't."

"Oh look Work From Home. Let's watch it."

"No come on anyone but that one that ones embarrassing."

"I beg to differ," I stated as I watched the relatively hot music video. "You're fucking hot in this whatchu talkin about."

I saw her face heat up a little as she smiled. "So you think I'm hot, huh?" She asked rather seductively.

"You were embarrassed five seconds ago what happened?" I asked laughing.

"You called me hot. How can I be embarrassed after that?"

I nodded. "Good point." That's when we arrived at our destination. My mouth fell open. We were at the zoo. "You brought me here?"

"Yeah, it was my favorite place to go as a kid," she explained getting nervous fidgeting with her hands. "I thought you might like it. Do you not?"

"No I do," I smiled. "I used to come here a lot actually...with my dad."

"I'm sorry I didn't know we can go somewhere else if you want it's okay I don't mind I'm sorry-"

I cut off her rambling with a kiss on the cheek. "We can stay."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I need to use some BPE with this place anyway."

"BPE?" She said confused. "What's that?" I froze. No I didn't just say that. Tell me I did not just say that. "Babe, what's BPE?" Shit I did. Maybe I should just tell her. She's reacted good to everything else, but this was different. What if she starts treating me like I'm made of glass. I don't want that. My mom did that enough before.

"Nothing just something I learned somewhere a while back," I answered vaguely.

"Okaaaaaay?" She asked slowly. "You can tell me when you're ready."

"Thanks." I smiled at her and she smiled back. We went to the entrance so Dinah could pay for our tickets because I didn't have any money on me.

When the person saw us he asked, "Shouldn't you two be in school."

"I'm eighteen and she's homeschooled," Dinah half lied.

The person nodded. "Very well. It's gonna be $12.98."

Dinah pulled out her wallet and paid for the tickets. We then slowly walked in. We were just walking around as we held hands looking at the animals and enjoying ourselves. It was a simple date, but it was also an amazing one. I started to notice that some kids were noticing who she was but were afraid to walk over to us. I tried to ignore the stares but it got worse when they started taking pictures of us. I squeezed Dinah's hand. "You okay?" She asked worried.

"Yeah, I just don't like people taking pictures of me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm with you. I'm okay." Dinah smiled at me. "But what if they post it on social media? What if people ask me questions? What if I get bullied online? What if-"

Dinah cut off my ramblings by stopping us and pulling me into a kiss. It was a bit longer than our last one but still just lips. I felt like the zoo moved from around us and into my stomach. She pulled away and rested her forehead on mine. "You wanna stop with the what if's now?"

"If I don't will you kiss me again?"

She nodded. "Probably."

"Well then what if-"

She once again cut me off with a kiss. But this time she swiped her tongue against my bottom lip asking for entrance. I happily granted. Our tongues danced together and I swear my heart stopped. After a minute of us just kissing in public with probably multiple people watching us she pulled away. "Are you done now?"

I nodded and breathed out heavily, "Yeah." We continued walking around for another hour before finally leaving.

When we got in the car she turned to me and smiled. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "I did. I really did."

"Good. I'll take you home."

"Actually...can we go to your house?"

Dinah nodded but looked at me confused. "Why?"

"I kinda wanna Skype the girls."

"Why?"

"Because if we're gonna happen I need to meet your friends."

"So we're gonna happen?"

I glared at her. "Really, that's what you got out of that?"

She nodded. "So are we?"

I bit my lip. "Maybe, maybe not."

Dinah rolled her eyes with a smile on her face and started the engine. "Okay, to my house we go." She started the drive there and I quickly became anxious. I've never been that much of a social person, and now I had to meet four new people. Okay, here we go.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED