Chapter 21 - Beach Wedding

I know it's been awhile....sorry.  Thanks for hanging in there if you're still reading.  I really appreciate it.  The end of CFY is in sight.  Right now, I'm guessing about 3 or 4 more chapters.  I am toying with the idea of a 3rd book......it would be mostly about their kids...about twenty years in the future.  I have a story for a few of them planned out already.  

Pic on right is 

****************************************************************************************************************** 

Maya

I looked out over my wedding venue, and I was elated. It was perfect! White chairs with giant watermelon colored bows tied around the backs were placed on both sides of the aisle for the guests to sit on. The aisle where I would walk down to meet my husband-to-be was outlined with rose petals of the same color. The makeshift alter was a small table draped in a long white cloth with a watermelon colored ribbon decorating the front. The unity candles sat atop the table. The alter was located underneath a simple wooden canopy, also adorned with white and watermelon colored cloth draping down the sides from the top. The guests would be able to see the waves rolling in behind us as they watched Brendan and me exchange our vows and become man and wife. I couldn't wait. It was only 2 short hours away.

The reception area consisted of round tables that seated 6 people each, covered with white tablecloths. The chairs were also white, with the same watermelon colored bows as the viewing chairs. The centerpiece on each table was a glass bowl filled with water and white and watermelon colored flower petals. Faux tealight candles would be lit and floating on top. I could just picture how beautiful it would be in the moonlight.

"Maya, Maya!" I heard Lexi calling me from the balcony.

I had ventured down here alone. The day before, my family and the Spencers would let Brendan and I have nothing to do with the set up. They had done a marvelous job. This was a great start to my wedding day.

I turned toward the balcony, where I saw Lexi, half dressed in her watermelon colored bridesmaid dress. I had chosen a fashionable A-line dress made of chiffon. They fell just below the knee, had thin spaghetti straps, and had an empire waist. My younger sister, Jenna, was my maid of honor. Lexi and Rhia were my bridesmaids, and my 3 year old niece, Harlow, was my flower girl.

I had originally wanted Harlow to wear a white dress, as was tradition, but, when I saw a mini version of my bridesmaid dresses, I couldn't pass it up. She looked so cute, with her chestnut brown curls and her bright blue eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked Lexi, as she tread gingerly down the balcony steps.

"I need help getting this thing on. It's like my boobs have gotten bigger since we were fitted for these things, that can't happen, can it?" she asked, still struggling with trying to get the top part of her dress in place over her strapless bra.

I laughed as I saw the trouble. She had the straps tangled up somehow, and was trying to put the straps on the opposite arms. I fixed the problem, and she easily finished dressing.

"Thanks so much! I don't know how that happened," she said.

"At least it was a simple fix," I said, smiling.

"Yeah," she said, before hugging me and running back into the house.

Less than a minute later, I heard my mom calling from the other beach house.

"Maya, sweetheart, gather your girls together and come over here. Your sister is dressing Harlow, and the photographer is on her way."

"Okay, Mom. We'll be right there."