Chapter 10 - You did what?

Sorry for the long wait.  Writing 2 stories and being really busy is harder than I thought.  I hope you like it.    There's a little sex in it, but not too much, just FYI.

Pic on right is Daniel Sharman as TJ.

************************************************************************************************************

Joey

Things with Lexi had been rocky lately. It had started when Kristy left our place. I thought that her leaving would help to lessen the feelings I'd had toward her, but it only made me long for her more.

I pretty much stopped having sex with Lexi altogether. I wouldn't have been imagining Lexi, and I didn't think that was fair. Besides, what if, in the throes of passion, I called out the wrong name? I'd never forgive myself.

I loved Lexi, I really did. I just wasn't in love with Lexi. As much as I hated to admit it, I was falling in love with Kristy a little more every day. I thought about her almost all the time. I had no idea what I was going to do, and I couldn't talk to anyone about it. Instead, I tried forcing myself to fall back in love with Lexi. It wasn't working so far.

I smiled at Lexi as she exited the bedroom. We were on our way to Tina and Jake's for a dinner party. I just hoped Kristy wasn't there. After all, it was a couples' thing, and she no longer had a boyfriend.

"I'm ready," Lexi exclaimed.

"Me too," I answered. "Let's go."

We walked out the door and headed to Tina's.

*********

We got there right on time, according to Lexi. I hadn't really been paying much attention. Jake and Tina lived in a duplex apartment. They occupied the right side of the house. It was a moderate size, with the living room, dining room, and kitchen on the first floor, and the 2 bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor.

As we walked in, my heart almost stopped. Kristy was there, looking as beautiful as ever, and she was holding TJ's hand! Since when were they an item? I wanted to break his arm. How dare he touch her? This night was going to be horrible.

Rhia and Max showed up shortly after Lexi and me. Max sat beside me on the sofa, and Rhia sat beside him. His hand was on her leg. Those two were always touching. It wasn't usually inappropriate, but rather intimate.

I used to think they were overdoing the whole crazy for each other thing, but now I wasn't so sure. If how I was feeling about Kristy was anything like what Max felt for my sister, I commend him for keeping his hands off her as long as he did.

First, he had an uncontrollable crush on her, then he had crazy sex with her for 3 days straight, then, bam! Nothing for 3 years. No wonder they were so drawn to each other at the beach house.  If I were to make love to Kristy right now, I don't think I could ever stop. I don't mean that literally. I just mean that I'd never want to touch another woman again. Only her. And touch her I would.

"Joey, are you in there?" Max asked as he looked at me strangely.

"What?" I asked, still perplexed.

"Come into the kitchen for a second," he said, getting up and heading toward the back of the house.

Once in the kitchen, he looked at me and said, "Don't tell me you're hot for Kristy?!"

I suddenly became very interested in the tile on the counter, refusing to look up at him.

"Talk to me," he encouraged.

"I can't," I explained. "you just told me not to tell you."

"I knew it!" he yelled.

"Shh," I cautioned. "Am I that obvious?"

Max grinned, saying, "Listen, dude, I'm not gonna lie. You were flat out staring at her, and you didn't notice anything else. Plus, you were sort of......growing, for lack of a better way of putting it."

"Oh," I said, looking down, trying to think of disgusting things.

"Listen, Joe, you need to break up with Lexi and go for it with Kristy. I think she likes you, too. She's staring at you like you're a big chocolate bar and she's on her period," Max tried to explain.

"Oh," I exclaimed, "I get it. Kind of like how you looked at Rhia when you were first at the beach house?"

"Oh yeah, but look at us now! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Rhee and I are totally in love, not to mention our time in the bedroom," he started.

"Ew, yuck, stop talking about you and my sister doing the nasty. I might throw up. Yuck," I said, completely disgusted by the thought.

Max shrugged, not taking it personally. "Do you get what I'm saying, though?" he asked.

"Yeah, man, seize the day," I said. "I'm just not sure I'll be able to."

"I'll try to help if I can," Max added.

I still didn't know what to do. I wanted to talk to Kristy, but I was afraid to be alone with her. I wanted to be sure I loved her. I definitely lusted after her, but I couldn't ruin a possibly salvageable relationship with Lexi if this Kristy thing was just a phase.

"Okay, everyone! Time to eat," Tina announced. We all got up and walked into the dining room. I was the last one in, and ended up right between Kristy and Lexi. If I didn't know better, I would have thought Lexi did this to me on purpose.

It was tight quarters, all 8 of us around Jake and Tina's small dining room table. I had little room to move, but tried to keep closer to Lexi. I was afraid that touching Kristy would set me on fire or something.

After everyone had gotten their food and said Grace, Jake asked, "Has anyone heard from Brent? Last time I knew, he was taking Cassie to the hospital. She was in labor."

"No, " I said.

"Is that the chick who doesn't know who the father of her babies is?" TJ asked.

"Yep," Max said, probably glad he wore a condom when he'd slept with Cassie.

"Have you ever been worried that you could be the Dad, Max?" Lexi asked. I kicked her under the table, giving her a mean glare.

Max shifted in his seat, putting his fork down. "I thought about it, but I'm pretty sure it's not me. I gave a DNA sample, just in case.  I'm sure Cassie will giveme the results as soon as she gets them.  Until then, I'm just concentrating on the baby I know is mine," he said, kissing Rhia's gigantic belly.

"She should have just had an abortion," TJ said.

Everything got quiet. None of us at the table, besides TJ, anyway, believed that abortion was ethical. We'd discussed it at length on more than one occasion.

"None of us look at that as an option, even in the worst cases," Tina told him. "Adoption is okay, though."

"Is that true, Lexi?" TJ spat. I felt Lexi stiffen beside me. "Is abortion not an option for you?" he practically screamed.

"That's true," Lexi said, her voice faltering, "it's not an option."

"What do you think happened to our baby, then, Lexi? " TJ questioned.

What was he talking about?

"You certainly didn't give her up for adoption, did you? I'd say you thought abortion was a pretty good choice then," he sneered.

No one spoke, but we all stared at Lexi. She was shaking, with tears threatening to stream down her cheeks. I wanted to comfort her, but if what TJ said was true, I was furious. We'd been together for so long, and I was just finding all this out now? After she knows how mad the topic of abortion makes me. I couldn't look at her, let alone touch her.

"Joey, Baby, please forgive me for not telling you," she groveled.

I managed to lift my eyes to meet hers, but I know they were filled with rage.

"It's just that I was so young, and I wasn't supposed to be dating TJ. My dad would have killed me," she sputtered.

"I'm not mad that it happened, since you've changed your stance on the subject. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm just having a hard time dealing with you never telling me. Did my love mean nothing to you?" I asked.

"It did, it still does, but there's more to it," she said, lifting her eyes to meet mine.

"Yeah?" I asked. "What is it?"

"You see, I believe in a woman's right to choose," she stated. A few of us gasped. "I just didn't want to put up with stuff like this, so I pretended to feel like the rest of you."

I was speechless. I did not have one word to say to this girl who had been my lover for the past two years. I couldn't believe she'd flat out lied, especially about a topic about which I was so sensitive.

Kristy spoke up, then. "I can't even look at you right now. How could you lie straight to all of our faces, knowing you completely disagreed with us? Shouldn't you have told your boyfriend the truth, at least? Would you have aborted his baby?"

Kristy looked at TJ. "How do you feel about this whole thing?" she asked him.

"I agree with Lexi," he said.

"Then I can't see you anymore," she explained. She stood up, placed her napkin on the table, and left the room. I heard her get her things and walk out the door. I wanted to leave right along with her. I loved that she was so passionate about the topic. I was also relieved that she and TJ weren't destined to be a couple.

"Maybe we should get going," I said to Lexi.

Her gaze had been focused on TJ, as if he could solve her problem. "No thanks, Max and Rhia can give me a ride home later," she said. I left, almost hoping to run into Kristy.

Lexi

I couldn't believe that just happened. I never wanted Joey to know about my abortion, and I certainly never wanted to reveal my true opinion on abortion to him. It's not that I was heartless, I just thought that women shouldn't be punished for their mistakes by being made to be a baby machine for almost ten months. I couldn't change how I felt. I'd tried. I just hoped Joey would forgive me.

He'd been acting so distant lately. I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong. He hadn't touched me in almost a month, and I was feeling neglected. I really wished we could just get over this rough patch.

It wasn't long after Joey left that Rhia started having some pains in her abdomen. Of course, Max freaked and had to rush her to the hospital. Jake and Tina went with them, to make sure everything was alright and to see Cassie and her babies. Jake wanted to check up on Brent as well.

I didn't want to go, so TJ offered to take me home. I felt uneasy about the whole situation, but I was left with very little say in the matter.

"Just let me run and get my coat," I said to TJ moments after the others left.

"Okay," he replied.

When I emerged from Jake and Tina's bedroom, TJ was in the narrow hallway leading from their bedroom to the living room. He turned toward me, practically pinning me up against the wall. He put one arm on either side of me and leaned in.  I could feel his breath on my neck, and it was stirring feelings inside me that been dormant for so long. I fought the urge to reach up and touch his face.

Instead, I asked, "Why did you do that to me?"

He shrugged. "Maybe because you don't belong with that do-gooder. You need someone with more of an edge. "

"Someone like you?" I questioned angrily.

He smirked. "Maybe," he said, unbuttoning my pants. I was frozen. My body wanted to be touched, and TJ was somewhat familiar. I squirmed in anticipation.

"I love Joey," I said.

"Sure you do," he patronized. "Well, then, I guess you won't respond when I do this." His lips met mine and moved over them with such grace. I pushed him away, even though my body was screaming for me to let him continue.

"I love Joey," I insisted. I tried to convince my body to get out of there, but it refused. Instead, it provided TJ with some lube to execute his plan.

"Oh, really?" he asked, almost smashing me against the wall as he pushed his hand inside my panties, finding my pleasure center. I gasped, and he used the opportunity to put his lips on mine and force his tongue inside my mouth. It felt amazing.

"Mmm," I moaned involuntarily. I pulled out of the kiss long enough to moan, "Oh, I love Jo....ey."

"You might love Joey, but it sure does feel like you want me," he whispered into my ear, making me shiver.

His hand sure did know how to make a girl feel good. As the first waves of pleasure passed through me, I once again stated, "I love Joey."

That just made him move faster. The waves were washing over me faster now. All I could do was push against his hand, forcing it further inside me, as my body convulsed in ecstasy. As I climaxed from his magic touch, I screamed, "I, ...... oh my, ...... still ....... ahhhhh ....... love ........ Joey!!"

He continued to move his hands inside me, starting the process all over without giving me a break.

"Please stop," I pleaded, as my body arched involuntarily. I had to close my eyes to keep from screaming.

"Just admit this feels good," he exclaimed, speeding his movements up more.

By then, I was addicted to the second round, so I remained quiet for a minute. I reached my hand down and felt how hard he'd gotten. Before I could think twice, I'd worked the button of his jeans loose, and freed the raging animal inside.

"Do you have condoms?" I asked as he slowed down my in the pants action, realizing what I was implying.

"Right here," he winked, pulling a shiny gold packet out of his pocket. "Are you saying we should use it?"

I nodded, plunging my lips into his, my tongue massaging the inside of his mouth. He pulled my pants down, and didn't waste time. He was inside me in no time, his manhood continuing where his hand had left off.  It was pretty quick, with me being prepped already, and him seeming like he hadn't had sex in years, but it had awakened something in me that had been asleep for ages.

As we both sat on the floor, pantsless, exhausted, and breathing heavily, I held his hand, looked into his eyes, and said, "I still love Joey. I'm going to try to get back together with him. "

He looked a little hurt, but tried to cover it up.

"I'm going to touch you every chance I get until you give up on being with that guy and agree to be with me," he said with determination.

I dropped his hand, "We'll see," I said. I stood up, dressed myself, and asked, "Will you please take me home now?"

"Yeah," he said, getting up and putting himself back in order.

I couldn't believe I'd just let that happen, but it had felt so wonderful. I could be satisfied for weeks just thinking about it.

Rhia

I was so worried when I'd first felt the pains, but now it was over. The doctor had explained that they were only Braxton Hicks contractions, which happened to many women during different stages of pregnancy. She said it was nothing to worry about.  I felt better knowing that.

After everything was squared away with me, Max suggested we go visit Cassie.  Even though the thought of Cassie made me sick to my stomach at the moment, I knew it was the right thing to do.  I prayed that her babies did not belong to Max.  I mean, we'd deal with it if we had to, but it would be Max and Dane part two.  

Max looked at me, as if reading my mind.  "Those babies aren't going to end up being mine," he said, rubbing circles on my back.  

"I hope not," I replied.  

"It wouldn't be fair to them, if they were mine.  Ethan is a part of you, which would make him so much more than a child who isn't.  To me, anyway.  I wouldn't want to, but I'd always love Ethan more.  I woulnd't be able to help it," he explained.

I knew he didn't really know what he was saying.  Of course he'd love all of his children equally, even if I wasn't the mother.  It just turned my stomach to think about it.  As we walked into Cassie's room, Max turned toward me and kissed me so passionately, it took my breath away.  He was such a goof.

"Here they are, the lovers extraordinaire," Brent commented.  

"So," Max asked, looking between Cassie, Brent, Jake, and Tina, "any news?"

"Well," Brent began, "Levi's mine."

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Max and I both said at the same time.

Then it hit me.  "What about Daniel?" I asked him.

"He's either Max's or Dane's," Cassie explained.  "They need another DNA sample.  Max, your dad is getting one from Dane.  He's just excited that he's Daniel's grandfather either way."

"Yeah, I'll give one," Max said.

Oh, how I wished this nightmare was already over.  

****************************************************************************************************

On the drive home, Max was extremely quiet.  

"A penny for your thoughts," I commented.  

"I am so sorry I ever slept with Cassie," he exclaimed.

"Don't be," I stated.  "After all, I slept with Dane over and over again."

Max shook his head, laughing a little.  "Don't remind me," he said.  

"I even thought I was pregnant with his kid, if you remember," i added.

"Yeah, but you weren't.  Cassie actually had her kids," he stated.

"It's just the luck of the draw," I said.

As we pulled into our driveway, I smiled.

"What?" he asked.

"I was just remembering that Saturday night when we were first together.  The way you almost took me outside of my apartment building because you coulnd't wait," I said.

"I could still be that turned on," he explained.  "I just have a better handle on it now."

"And oh, how I love your handle," I said playfully.  "Just you wait until Ethan is out of this belly of mine. I'll try my best to drive you even crazier."

I loved how close Max and I were.  I can't even remember what it was like to live without his love.  I just hoped I'd never have to be without it ever again, no matter who had fathered Daniel.     

 **********************************************************************************************************

Next:  And Daniel's father is ...............

***********************************************************************************************************

Please vote and/or comment.  Do you think Lexi is crazy?  Who do you think Daniel's father is?  Will Kristy and Joey hook up somewhere along the line?  I love reading your comments, so please please please comment away!!