Chapter 8 - The Babies Are Coming

Here's Chapter 8. I also wrote a private chapter about the events that led up to Camille's entry. It mostly involves sex, so if you don't like that kind of stuff, don't read it. The last scene, involving Rhia and Max, was inspired by LivieJT. I decided to change the direction I was heading with the idea due to a PM she sent me. I hope you like it.

Pic on right is Nicole de Boer as Camille.....I'm not sold on her as Camille, but she was the closest I could find that fit what Camille looks like to me.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Camille

My body shivered involuntarily after my "house call" to Dane. I had walked out of Dane's room after getting dressed and talked to the nurse who had almost caught us in bed together. I was thankful for Dane's quick reflexes. Oh, I could still feel him all around me, on me, in me. I even smelled like him.....no wonder, I thought, smiling to myself.

I had to admit, my feelings for Dane were intensifying exponentially each time we made love. He had actually admitted he loved me! I was ecstatic. I was a little disappointed with the fact that no one could really ever see us in public together once Dane was let go from the program, but I figured we'd cross that bridge when we came to it.

My phone began ringing as I got into my car. I looked at the Caller ID. It was my niece.

"Hello," I answered.

"Hey, Aunt Camille?" she responded.

"Yes, Sweetie?" I added.

"I need your help," she said on the other end of the line.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm having guy trouble. I might be in love with someone who has a girlfriend, and I don't want to be. I was wondering if you could use some of those psychiatrist skills of yours on me," she stated.

"Of course, Honey. How about tomorrow, at lunch?" I suggested.

"That would be great. I'll meet you at Joe's Café," she said.

"Alright. See you there. Goodbye," I replied, hanging up the phone.

I wasn't sure if I was the best person to be giving relationship advice right now. Although, it was much easier to tell others how to do the right thing than to actually do the right thing.

Seeing Dane was definitely not the right thing, but, oh, did it make me feel wonderful. I knew it was somewhat selfish to keep it going, but I couldn't stop myself. He was one of the most amazing men that I'd ever met, and he was interested in me. I was seriously hoping that when he got out that he would still feel the same way. I knew that it was a possibility that he would leave me the minute he left the facility. His time here was, unfortunately, almost at an end. He was recovering, and his insurance was not willing to cover him for an extended amount of time. In another week, he would be released, with only weekly sessions with me to keep him on the right track. I just hoped that was enough.

Brent

I was sleeping next to Cassie when I felt it. My body was getting wetter by the second. I pulled the blankets off to see a giant wet spot under Cassie's butt.

"Cassie," I said, shaking her shoulder, "I think you're peeing." This wouldn't be the first bladder malfunction Cassie has had during this pregnancy.

As Cassie awoke, she gasped. "What the?" she exclaimed, looking down at herself. She stood up, then sighed. "I didn't pee. My water broke," she explained.

"Oh," I asked, nervous. "What do we do now?"

"I'll call the doctor and see what she says," Cassie stated.

She sat on the edge of the bed and dialed the doctor. I sat beside her, wanting to hold her hand, but knowing I would annoy her.

When she got off the phone, she said, "She wants me to go to the hospital. She said my contractions could start at any time."

"I'll get your bags," I said, jumping up, pulling on some clothes, and putting on my shoes. I helped her up as well. She wanted to take a quick shower before leaving. I made her keep the door open in case her contractions began.

She was only thirty-six weeks along, but the doctor told her she could end up delivering early. I ran to the car to throw the bags in the back, but otherwise stayed near the bathroom. I heard her moan as she was about to exit the bathroom.

"Are you alright?" I asked worriedly.

"Ow! Yeah. I think my contractions have started though," she said, as she inhaled almost all of the air in the room.

I helped her get dressed, and off we went. After about 3 hours of labor, Cassie was ready to deliver her first baby. I was beside her, holding her hand, wiping her forehead with a damp cloth, and cheering her on when the need arose. She was a real trooper.

Daniel Scott Carmichael was born first. He was 5 lb. 12 oz. and 16" long. He was beautiful. It looked like he might have black hair, but it was hard to tell with all that goop on him. Cassie's contractions had stopped for the time being, so they let her hold him for a second.

The doctor broke the water for the second baby, and Cassie's contractions resumed shortly afterward. Levi Joseph Carmichael was born fifteen minutes after Daniel, weighing 6 lb 1 oz, and measuring 17" long. This one looked like he might have blonde hair, but he was equally as beautiful.

Cassie held him for a few minutes before they placed Daniel in her arms as well. I put a hand on each of the babies, then bent down to give Cassie a kiss. I was pretty sure I was falling in love with this girl, whether these babies were mine or not. I was sure I'd be falling in love with the babies soon, too.

The next part would be the hardest: the paternity tests. When she had first told me that I might be the babies' father, I was mortified. Now that I'd grown closer to Cassie and seen the babies, I wanted it all. Now I knew how Max felt when he went ahead and proposed to Rhia at the beach. I wanted to be the perfect husband, the doting father. I couldn't believe how differently I felt now, as opposed to just months ago. This had to be love. There was no other explanation for it.

Kristy

My dreams had not stopped since I'd left Joey and Lexi's. I often awoke mid-climax, and had trouble getting back to sleep. I seriously wondered what was wrong with me. Not that it would have changed much, but I really wished I knew who they were about. I was pretty sure that they were all about the same person.

First, I'm a basket case, having stupid sex dreams that I can't even remember. Secondly, I could not stop thinking about Joey, no matter how hard I tried. The way I felt when I was near him was unlike anything that had ever happened to me before. I almost stopped breathing when we'd almost kissed the day I left his and Lexi's place. I relived that moment over and over all the time. One part of me wished I would have kissed him. Another part of me knew that I had done the right thing by not reacting. It was just so difficult to think about.

I had gone out on a few dates with TJ, and it had been fun. We had gone to the movies and dinner the first time. He had taken me ice skating on the second date. He knew how to show a girl a good time, and he was pretty hot, but I ruined my fun with thoughts of Joey cropping up everywhere. Plus, TJ had hinted that he was a third date type of guy. All the fun in the world was not going to get me to sleep with him, hot or not. I was worried. I liked hanging out with him, and didn't want sex messing that up. I guess I would see soon enough, being that date number three was planned for tomorrow night.

Tina called a few hours later and invited me to a get together tomorrow night. I explained that TJ and I had scheduled a date, and she said to make her dinner party our third date. She told me she would convince TJ. I was hoping this meant that I could bow out of TJ's third date expectations gracefully. We would have to use my place if we wanted to get intimate, and we would be at Tina and Jake's, where TJ was living. Tina probably didn't realize she had just made my life easier.

I couldn't help wondering if Joey and Lexi would be at Tina's. I had only talked to Lexi once since I'd left her and Joey's place about two weeks ago. She had called to tell me I left my slippers at her place. I hadn't managed to go over and get them yet. I was afraid of showing up when Lexi was out and Joey was there alone. I didn't trust myself not to say something stupid. No one could know how I felt about him. Especially not him. It was like I just wanted to be near him. All the time.

Rhia

I sat outside Max's workplace, thinking about our plan. I really did NOT feel like having sex right now. I was as big as a whale, my ankles were swollen, and I felt about as sexy as a hippo. I didn't want to let Max down, but I didn't think I could do this.

I texted him, telling him I wasn't really up for it. He texted me back a minute or two later, asking if I could fake it convincingly. I told him yes. So, that was our new plan. I was happy with how quickly he'd agreed. As virile as Max was, he was able to pull in the reigns when I wasn't up for it. I was thankful for that, considering the next few months would definitely test the strength of our relationship. I wasn't worried, though. We'd overcome enough just to be together. I was sure that we would survive our first child.

I walked in, scanning the room for Max. He was an electrician for a big electronics company. There were many desks in one large room, sectioned off by partitions. I walked past Gina to get to Max's station. I saw her glance my way, but pretended not to notice.

"Hey there," I said, as I walked up to Max and hugged him from behind. He turned around in his chair.

"Hi," he said, beaming and pulling me down onto his lap.

"So, how is this going to work?" I asked, attempting to stand up. I felt like I was hurting him. He held onto me tighter, putting his face into my hair and making kissing noises. Soon afterward, he explained what we were going to do. After we talked for about fifteen minutes, it was time to put the plan into action.

We walked toward the door, making sure to get Gina's attention. She was definitely watching us. I went to walk out the door, when Max pulled me back into the room and started kissing me.

These weren't pretend kisses, that's for sure. His hands were all over me, and I whispered, "slow down."

"Can't," he said, and I was thinking, oh, no. Then he added, "It has to be convincing." I was relieved. I thought he'd meant he really couldn't stop himself. Trust me, we'd been there many times before.

"Oh, Rhee," he said rather loudly, "we need to go in there." He pointed to the women's room and pushed me inside. Once inside, we locked the door and separated. I knew Max, and getting him too excited was not hard for me to do. I didn't want to be touching during pretend sex, or it wouldn't be pretend for long.

We stood inside, banging into the stalls one at a time, saying things like, "Oh, yes!" and "Right there! Yes! Yes!" Max also screamed. "I love you, Rhia!" as Max banged into the door and I hit the garbage can. We kept it up for a pretty long time.

Toward the end, I reached over and rubbed Max's cheeks hard, causing them to turn a deep shade of pink. I also ruffled his hair to make it look like we'd been having fun. He returned the sentiment. Then, we put on our most convincing sheepish looks and exited the rest room. Max even added the effect of puling up his zipper as we entered the room.

Gina was standing right outside the door, mouth agape. A few of Max's male coworkers slapped him on the back. He kissed me once more, making sure it was obvious tongue was involved, then walked me out to my car.

Once outside, we burst into laughter. "You think they fell for it?" I asked him.

"I'm pretty sure they did, but I'll find out when I go back in there. They'll definitely say more without you there," he explained.

"That was fun," he said, wrapping his arms around my gigantic waist. "I think it was better than my original plan. Plus, it will make for a good story someday.

"I love you," I said, leaning forward and kissing him again.

"I love you, too," Max replied, "and I love this little guy." He let me go after kissing my belly, then turned around to walk back inside. "Drive safely," he exclaimed as I buckled up and closed the car door.

I wound down the window. "I will," I responded.

As I drove away, I felt Ethan kick inside me. "You're daddy is one special man," I told my belly. "We are definitely blessed to have him in our lives." I rubbed my belly to let Ethan know I was talking to him. I really wish these next few weeks would go quickly.

******************************************************************************************************************

Next: Who is Cassie's baby daddy? And what do Max's coworkers think of his and Rhia's PDA?

*******************************************************************************************************************

Please vote and/or comment. Let me know your likes and dislikes. Also, was Max and Rhia's faux lovemaking in better taste than if they would have actually done the deed at Max's workplace? I am not taking sex out of this book, but I want to save the steamy scenes for special occasions. Thanks for reading! I love you all!