Chapter 13 - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

Sorry it took so long.  I really need to get back into the CFY groove.  I know this is kind of short, and I will try to make the next chapter longer.  Hope you enjoy it anyway!  Thanks for reading!

Pic on right is something someone else made, so don't mind the text on it.  I just thought I'd put up a pic of Kristy and Joey. 

Also, I have some editing to do.  I just realized (some of you told me awhile ago)  that I had Joey propose to Lexi in AFAF.  I will have to change something about that to make the story flow.  I'm sorry about that. 

I also know that my first description of Kristy had her with straight black hair.  I want her to look like Ashley Benson, so I'll be changing that description. 

I didn't read over the last part, so if I have typos, please let me know.  Thanks!!

************************************************************************************************************************ 

Dane

I stared at Daniel, who lay sleeping in my arms. All my problems seemed to fade away when I looked at the little guy. It was hard to believe that I had helped to make him. He was so small and fragile, and all I wanted to do was protect him.

"He's beautiful," I told Cassie, as I continued to stare at him.

"I know, he is, isn't he?" she commented.

"It's weird, but I am very happy that he's my son," I admitted. "I only hope I can make him proud."

"Well, keep working on improving yourself," she advised. "You have someone besides yourself to be responsible for now."

She was right. I had to stop being selfish. It was Daniel first, then me. I had to remind myself of that when I was away from him. Staring at him in my arms, though, made that impossible to forget. I loved this little guy, and I wanted to be a great father to him.

It had been 2 months since Daniel and Levi had been born. Cassie and Brent were very generous, letting me see him at least twice a week, and for that I was thankful. He was the one thing that I didn't regret from that fateful beach trip. Thinking back to that time, I was embarrassed by my actions. If I could take back some of the things I did during that trip, I would definitely do so. As it was, I could only move forward and make the best of things.

My father and his wife had helped me tremendously. They opened up their home to me, and gave me a sense of stability I had never had growing up. I was able to talk to my father whenever I needed to, and he never failed to steer me in the right direction. I could tell that he loved Max's mother very much, and that their relationship was a very healthy, happy one. No wonder Max made so many good decisions.

I wanted what they had, and I wanted it with Camille. She had me coming to see her once every 2 weeks right now, and she never ceased to amaze me. I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, but the fact that she couldn't date me publicly for at least 2 years was definitely getting in the way. I wanted so badly to tell my dad, but they kind of worked together. I couldn't jeopardize her job like that, but I really wanted her to be my wife.....and soon.

Daniel squirmed in my arms, and I bounced up and down to soothe him. He looked up at me, and I was speechless. I could see myself in him, as well as Cassie. I was determined to do right by this little guy, if it was the last thing I did.

Joey

"Here you go," I said, as I brought Lexi her drink.

"Thanks," she said, as she took it from me.